In this video shot from the show floor at NAMM 2018, James Ivey and Dan Cooper take you through some of their show highlights. From consoles and covers to interfaces, controllers and microphones. James and Dan share the stuff they have found most interesting from day 1 of NAMM 2018.
- Four mics from Sontronics - Apollo 2, Delta 2 and Sigma 2 which are new versions of previous ribbon mics models with upgraded electronics, handmade in the UK, and custom wound transformers made a mile away from Sontronics' base in the UK. They have also implemented design changes to make these ribbon mics more robust as well as an enhanced screen and pop filter designed to prolong the life of the ribbon. Finally, a sneak peek at the latest mic from Sontronics which is a brand new retro, vocal mic called Corona. More to follow on this when we have it.
- Maloney StageGear Covers - They do fitted keyboard covers as well as covers for amps and drum kits
- Sound TechniqueS - Geoff Frost and John Wood built the original A-Range consoles from 1964-1971 in 4,8, and 16 track models. The base of operations for Sound Techniques, Ltd. has been moved from England to California, USA. We are currently working on reissuing the classic audio designs that Sound Techniques is renowned for. At NAMM 2018 they were showing a ZL console due to be shipped to a client shortly. We are talking fully customisable large format consoles with automation and full DAW control.
- Icon Pro Audio affordable control surfaces - Dan produced an article on possible Artist Mix replacements in which he looked at the Icon Platform M+ plus we gave away an Icon Icon Platform M+ DAW Controller and Platform D2 display in our Pro Tools Expert 2017 Christmas Competition. The Icon Platform M+ DAW Controller, is a MIDI control surface designed for modern “in the box" digital music production within a smaller physical workspace s the unit is compact (40cm x 20cm x 4.5cm). With nine full-sized motorized faders, eight rotary dual-function encoder knobs, backlit buttons for Mute, Solo, Automation and Transport control, a jog wheel. The Icon Platform D2 is the modular display unit for the Icon Platform M+ and Icon Platform X+ mobile control surfaces, designed to help you keep track of each parameter, track and control value in your mix.
- PreSonus Faderport 16 - The Faderport 16 Mix Production Controller connects via USB 2.0 to provide precise tactile control over your favourite DAW’s mix and automation functions, including complete transport control. The new control surface offers full level, solo, and mute control over 16 channels at once, with 16 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders, and 89 buttons covering 102 different functions. Quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust a click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. (50cm 30cm x 5.4cm).
- Universal Audio Arrow Interface - Much like its slightly bigger brother the Twin, Arrow features two Unison mic preamps allowing real-time processing of your microphone or instrument input with fantastic sounding Universal Audio conversion. This portable 2 in 4 out bus-powered Thunderbolt 3 audio interface ships with a generous collection of UAD plug-ins in the form of the Realtime Analog Classics bundle to record album-quality vocals, guitars and more at near-zero latency with the built-in SOLO core UAD-2 DSP processor.
Don't forget to check each day for the next roundup from the NAMM 2018 show floor.