At NAMM 2018 Synthax has let us know that Icon has announced that they're expanding their range of cost-effective DAW controllers with the release of the Platform B+ which provides further options in the form of banks of shortcut keys.
50 illuminated buttons give you quick access to all of the most used functions of your DAW, including cursor keys for zooming and moving about your project. A selection of silicon overlays are included, for using the Platform B+ with a variety of the most popular DAWs on the market – including Pro Tools, Studio One and Logic Pro. There's also a 'User define' mode for creating custom mappings, so you can customise your controller to suit your workflow.
The Platform B+ can connect directly to the Platform M+ which Dan featured in the NAMM 2018 Day 1 Highlights video, via the ports on the back of the unit, and can also be used standalone. So, if you just need a bank of 50 button shortcuts for your DAW at a low price, the Platform B+ may be the ideal addition to your studio.
Icon Platform B+ Features
- 50 illuminated function buttons for controlling different DAW functions
- Supports more than 10 different popular DAWs
- Independent USB connector is equipped for use as a standalone device
- Expansion connector is equipped for direct connection to Platform M+
- Different DAW silicon overlays are included – Cubase/Nuendo, LogicPro, Samplitude, Reaper, Studio One, Bitwig, Reason, ProTools, Sonar, Audition, Ableton Live and User define
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) and Mac OS X (IntelMac)
- USB 2.0 high-speed connectivity
- Mackie control built-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro, Reaper, Studio One, Bitwig, Reason and Ableton Live.
- Mackie HUI protocol build-in for Pro Tools
- iMap – Self-midi mapping software is provided for user-defined mode (MIDI Learn)
- Firmware upgrade available simply via USB connection and iMap software.
- Superior build quality and robust metal casing with Kensington lock port
- 12V/2.5A power adapter included