Apogee has announced new plug-ins and new DSP Recording Workflow for Ensemble and Element Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces, their all-new DualPath FX Rack software that they will be previewing at NAMM 2018.
The DualPath FX Rack software has been designed specifically for the Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series audio interfaces.
DualPath FX rack will provide dynamics and EQ plug-in processing that runs both natively in your DAW, like Pro Tools or Studio One, and on hardware-based DSP in your Apogee interface, with the ability to launch both plug-in types from your DAW and link them for parallel operation.
When you don’t have an Ensemble or Element Series connected, DualPath FX Rack plug-ins will still continue to run natively on your computer, no hardware audio interface required so that you may seamlessly move your sessions between people, places and workstations.
DualPath FX Rack will be available in the Spring of 2018 as part of a free software update for any Ensemble Thunderbolt or Element Series users and will be included as a free download with all Ensemble and Element purchases.
DualPath FX Rack Plugin Highlights
- Record with Apogee plugins at near-zero latency
- 7-band modern EQ offers more versatility than hardware emulations
- Pultec-style EQ replicates the controls and sound but skips the skeuomorphism
- Modern dynamics processor
- Vintage compressor
- Experience greatly simplified workflow when recording with plugins
- Open DualPath FX plugins in your DAW and link to hardware input
- Run DualPath FX plugins completely from your DAW - no need to switch between apps.
- All DualPath FX settings are stored and recalled within your DAW session.
- DualPath FX plugins remain active on playback even if Apogee hardware isn’t connected.
- DualPath FX plugins are a free update for Element and Ensemble owners
- DSP is already included in your Element and Ensemble interface
- Compatible with any DAW on your Mac (Optimized for Logic Pro X)
Apogee At NAMM 2018
Apogee are at Booth #17901 (Level 2, ACC North). For a more in-depth demo, register for AES@NAMM's Pro Sound Symposium. Apogee will be presenting at the Anaheim Hilton, Studio Academy C @ The Redondo Room (Level 4).