In this video for Production Expert, Pro Tools Expert Technical Editor James Ivey talks to Tom Waterman from Universal Audio about the new Arrow Thunderbolt - 3 Audio interface that they will be showing for the first time at winter NAMM 2018.
The Universal Audio Arrow is sleek once piece construction unit designed to be an entry price point interface that is built for the road with all the quality and features we have come to expect from Universal Audio.
Much like its slightly bigger brother the Twin, Arrow features two Unison mic preamps allowing real-time processing of your microphone or instrument input with fantastic sounding Universal Audio conversion. This portable 2 in 4 out bus-powered Thunderbolt 3 audio interface ships with a generous collection of UAD plug-ins in the form of the Realtime Analog Classics bundle to record album-quality vocals, guitars and more at near-zero latency with the built-in SOLO core UAD-2 DSP processor.
● Desktop 2x4 Thunderbolt 3-powered audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz
● Unison mic preamp technology provides the tone, touch and feel of the world’s most
sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amplifiers from Neve,
API, Manley, Marshall, Fender, and more*
● Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in
effects, regardless of software buffer setting
● Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as
part of the “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle — featuring 14 quality UAD Plug-Ins
● Bus-powered connection to modern Mac and Windows systems for easy portability and
reduced cable clutter
The Universal Audio Arrow is shipping now, and with a US street price of just $499 it is bound to be a hit.