Audified has teamed up with Drum Workshop to produce a Drum Enhancer plug-in which is a processor designed to tweak the basic drum sounds from A to Z without the need for any other plug-in.
Who Is Drum Workshop?
Founded by drum educator Don Lombardi in 1972, Drum Workshop, Inc. is an American musical instrument company perhaps best known for designing and manufacturing drums, pedals, hardware, and accessories under the DW and PDP banners. In 2014, Drum Workshop expanded to include other iconic American instrument brands, such as Gretsch Drums®, Latin Percussion®, KAT Percussion®, Gibraltar® Hardware, and Ovation Guitars®.
What Is The Audified DW Drum Enhancer?
DW Drum Enhancer is not simply one effect. DW Drum Enhancer has been designed to encompass several EQs and compressors, including a model of classic solid-state compressor circuits).
When working with DW Drum Enhancer, users can choose their desired Drum type settings using the selector that includes three types of drums (Snare, Kick, and Toms), each with three (Modern, Heavy, and Vintage) variations. The remaining three (Other) positions are arranged as follows: OH (overheads); Bus, for servicing the whole set (usually in a mixing console group); and Room, intended for processing whole drum kits recorded by two microphones.
By selecting the drum type the plug-in automatically chooses appropriate gate and compressor model and sets the 3-band EQ's frequencies to ideal values.
- Gate - Strips the signal from the unwanted noise in recorded material.
- Compressor - Depending on the choice selected in Drum Selector, the plug-in chooses from three types of compressor models: SSL-like type, 1176-like and generic Audified compressor. The compressor can be used in parallel mode.
- EQ - The 3-band EQ automatically sets the frequencies and character so that they would match the selected drum type.
- Saturation - Five types of true valve saturation add the drum sounds colour, warmth and special character. The section is based on Audified precise circuit modeling technology.
- P - Presence – a higher amount of signal on mid-high frequencies allows better cutting through the mix.
- V - Vintage – has smoother highs and more even harmonics.
- B - Brown – has an almost flat response with only light high frequencies rolling off and nice higher harmonics punch.
- W - White – has a higher amount of signal on higher frequencies and a balanced ratio between the even and odd harmonics.
- L - LoFi – contains less low and high frequencies. We make our plug-ins as real as possible with all the natural analog feeling and side effects.
- Phase Button - Inverts phase
Presets - Audified and DWe have designed the Drum Enhancer so that the fastest way to get to the desired drum sound is to use the DWDE presets. Those have been carefully prepared in DW studios by professionals that specialize in drum recording on daily basis. It would be hard to find someone who's ever recorded more drum hits.
- Created in cooperation with DW engineers
- Presets tuned by DW recording artists
- Tube simulation
- Complete drum chain
Audified Drum Enhancer System Requirements
DW Drum Enhancer is iLok protected and will be compatible with every DAW application supporting AAX, AU, VST2, VST3), 32 and 64-bit native plug-in formats for MacOS (10.9 and above) and Windows (7 and above) alongside a fully-functional, 30-day trial version
Introductory Offer Until February 15th, 2018
DW Drum Enhancer will be available from Audified’s online shop at an introductory price of $149.00 until February 15th, 2018 and then will be at the regular price of $199.00 USD after that.
DW Drum Enhancer at NAMM 2018
The plug-in will be being showcased by both Drum Workshop and Audified’s North American distributor, Eleven Dimensions Media, on booths #202A and #15001, respectively, at The 2018 NAMM Show, January 25-28 in Anaheim, California.