In the Pro Tools Expert 2017 Christmas Competition, we offered the chance of winning a DNA Music Labs Hot Key Matrix Shortcut Control Surface For Pro Tools Worth $280, as one of 31 great prizes on offer worth over $16,000 in total. We can announce that Maarten Hofmeijer is the lucky winner. You can learn more about Maarten further down the article.
What Is The Hotkey Matrix From DNA Music Labs
The Hotkey Matrix now features easy customisation of commands! If you are an existing Hotkey Matrix user, download the latest software to enable.
- The fastest and easiest way to use Pro Tools.
- All commands accessed with a single, dedicated key. No modifier keys, modes, pages, swiping, or complicated programming.
- Real controls with tactile response create the most comfortable and intuitive workflow.
- Features a comprehensive set of the most powerful Pro Tools commands. Access the deeper functionality of Pro Tools and learn new workflows.
- Reduces repetitive keyboard and mouse activity. Save thousands of clicks and keystrokes in a single project!
- Uses only native features of Pro Tools and the operating system. No extra software to run!
- Works great with any existing input devices, from mouse and keyboard, to dedicated hardware controllers, to touchscreen controllers.
- Fast and simple installation.
Compatibility and Specifications
- 144 keys mapped to specific Pro Tools commands and functions
- Commercial grade hardware; keys rated at over 50 million presses
- USB bus powered
- Works with Mac OS and Windows 7
- Compatible with all versions of Pro Tools 12
- Shortcuts cover major areas of Pro Tools functionality, including:
- windows and layout
- file menu functions
- track and playlist
- MIDI composition
- Dimensions: 14.17 × 7.79 × 1.49 inches
- One year warranty
Check Out Our Review Of The DNA Music Labs Hotkey Matrix V2
In this review, Mike takes a look at the dedicated shortcuts control surface Hotkey Matrix from DNA Music Labs and likes what he finds.
If you spend a lot of time in the Edit window of Pro Tools it is well worth taking a look at the Hotkey Matrix. I can see I will be doing less with the mouse and using the single button shortcuts on the Hotkey Matrix instead.
If you would like to know more about how the Hotkey Matrix came about then listen to Mike’s Podcast Extra Interview with Brian Daly. We have a very interesting discussion about controllers and control surfaces including the Softube Console 1. The team continued this discussion in Podcast 108.
Maarten Hofmeijer Wins DNA Music Labs Hot Key Matrix Shortcut Control Surface For Pro Tools
In the Pro Tools Expert 2017 Christmas Competition, we offered the chance to win one of 31 great prizes worth over $16,000 in total. Maarten Hofmeijer is the winner of the DNA Music Labs Hot Key Matrix Shortcut Control Surface For Pro Tools.
Thank you Pro Tools Expert for organizing the Christmas 2017 prize draw, I have never won anything like this and am very excited!
Since arriving in the US in 2002 I have enjoyed an amazingly fun and expansive career in film and television music, and have had the pleasure of working on many studio and independent films collaborating with industry legends like Ron Howard, Robert Redford, Sam Raimi and Kevin Reynolds.
Born and raised in the Netherlands, I fell in love with music early on and after getting involved in producing and engineering by high school I became fascinated with the studio side of music after which my focus became pursuing a career in music production. While earning a Master’s degree in Music Technology, I continued to develop an extensive career in studio recording and technical production of live music events and theatre in the Netherlands. After moving to Los Angeles I was introduced to the world of music for film and television and shifted my focus to working as a music editor.
I work mainly in Pro Tools and I am always looking to customize, automate and speed up my process. The idea of having a dedicated key control surface sounds great and would complement my setup tremendously. I have gone through various control surfaces and touch screens and although touch has its advantages I always miss the tactile feedback of dedicated buttons so I think combining the two will be a great combo.
I am very much looking forward to integrating my new Hot Key Matrix into my workflow and put it to work!
If you would like to win a prize like the Audified Unique Bundle then go over to our Win Page and see what prizes we have on offer.