Right after NAMM 2016 Russ, Mike, James and Dan catch up with all the latest news and gossip from NAMM 2016, as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
- Win A Set Of AKG K271 With Sonarworks Headphone Calibration Plug In Worth £150
- Over $1000 Worth Of Audified Software & Plug-ins To Win
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Purchase and register any new UAD-2 OCTO PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Unit (Core, Custom, or Ultimate) from an authorised UA retailer between January 1st and March 31st, 2016, and get the API Vision Channel Strip, Studer A800 Tape Recorder, and Manley Variable Mu Compressor plug-ins free at product registration. No coupons or redemption codes are necessary. The plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new UAD-2 OCTO DSP Accelerator hardware.
There were a lot of new announcements at NAMM this year and some interesting partnerships and platforms that are growing and maturing. The idea of diversity that we discussed in our review of 2015 was also very evident as well as audio over IP.
- NAMM 2016: Interview With Josh From iZ Technology About The iZ Radar Platform
- Avid Announce Pro Tools 12.5 With Early Access To Cloud Collaboration
- Focusrite And Avid Announce A New Alliance - What's Next?
- Apogee Announce Symphony I/O Mk II With Thunderbolt, Pro Tools HD And Waves Soundgrid Support
- Universal Audio Welcome New Plug-ins From Softube, Sonnox & Brainworx To The UAD Platform
- Softube Announce Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor
- Focusrite Add New Drawmer S73 Plug-in To Their Time & Tone Bundle Free With Their Interfaces
- Eiosis Announces the E2Deesser & 2 Modules For Slate Digital VMR
- The best part about of NAMM 2016 was meeting people both brands, and the community.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Nando Eweg says when recording voice overs it's sometimes handy to make selection what you want to delete while you are recording. I use an audio track under the recording channel and make a selection want I want to delete and group it with ALT+Command+G. After the recording you switch to object/hand, select all your selections under the last recording track, move one track up and delete in shuffle mode.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
There is a fantastic interview / Q&A with Steve Levine on their web site where Steve talks about his new studio upgrades and new projects.
Don’t forget that you can take advantage of Create Pro’s services if you live in North America.
Loads of amazing stuff coming from Create Pro and PTE in 2016.
- Dave Rhodes has been trying to download a demo of the new Eleven Mk II plug-in but there isn’t available on the Avid site and also could we do a demo video using it with bass amps.
- Gregory Lawson is concerned that his mastered files are lighting the overload lights on his Apollo, and would like to know what is going on.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored Eastwood Sound & Vision
Our friends at Eastwood Sound & Vision are offering their Focusrite Clarett trade in offer. Simply trade-in ANY audio interface from ANY brand to take advantage of the reduction in price. Save £185 and pay just £744 when when purchasing a new Clarett 8PreX and save £145 and pay just £574 when purchasing a new Clarett 8Pre. What's even better is you get to keep your old interface! Its never been easier to upgrade to Thunderbolt.
- Tegeler Audio Der Kompressor NAMM 2016: Interview With Tegeler Audio Manufaktur
- ICON control surfaces - affordable way to get control
- Amazing new brands that we are talking to about working with… More to follow.
- Interview with Steve Genewick and Al for Mix With The Masters
- DigiGrid Desktop Audio over IP units.
- Stevie Wonder’s tour of NAMM watching it unfold from here in the UK it seems Stevie was everywhere..