iZotope claim “iZotope’s audio mastering software, Ozone 6, makes it easier than ever to master your audio simply and efficiently in one elegant standalone application.”
In this video review Russ takes a look at the iZotope Ozone 6 Mastering Plug-in. He takes a look at the new features in Ozone 6 Advanced and also gives his thoughts on those features.
Watch the review of iZotope Ozone 6 mastering plug-in here
Waves are offering some really great monstrous deals. No tricks; just treats!
Waves Monster Deals - Plug-ins
- MaxxBass Native plug-in $49 normally $150
- Maserati VX1 Vocal Enhancer Native plug-in $49 normally $150
- H-EQ Hybrid Equalizer Native plug-in $79 normally $200
- CLA-2A Compressor/Limiter Native plug-in $79 normally $200
- Element Virtual Analog Synth Native plug-in $79 normally $200
- L3 Multimaximizer Native plug-in $129 normally $350
Waves Monster Deals - Bundles
- Musicians 1 Bundle $69 normally $160
- Signature Series Vocals Bundle $99 normally $500
- Native Power Pack Bundle $129 normally $300
- Vocal Bundle Bundle $149 normally $600
- Silver Bundle $199 normally $600
- API Collection Bundle $199 normally $650
But you have to hurry: these deals are only good until midnight GMT Monday, November 3, 2014.
He may not have been the first to use AutoTune but if ever an artist’s career was defined by AutoTune then we think the prize goes to T-Pain, so much so he coined the term the ‘T-Pain Effect.’
Now this video has emerged with T-Pain singing without AutoTune, there’s no doubt on a commercial level that T-Pain banked a lot of money thanks to his T-Pain effect, but if ever there was an artistic case against the abuse of AutoTune in music production then this may be it.
This video demonstrates that sometimes the effect becomes the star and can get in the way of people appreciating genuine talent. In an interview that will air on All Things Considered.
“People felt like I was using it to sound good. But I was just using it to sound different.”
In essence what T-Pain was doing was no different to those using a vocoder in the 1970s, but many inexperienced producers thought that it was a way of covering average vocal performances in the studio, simply copying T-Pain’s effect but failing to appreciate that talent is a necessary ingredient for a great vocal.
Watch the video of T-Pain singing without AutoTune, you may be surprised.
Russ shows how to use the QuickPunch feature in Pro Tools to fix recording mistakes.
In this Pro Tools video tutorial he shows how to do this using both a foot switch and also using markers to set an in and out point and also pre and post role.
This is perfect for those who need to fix audio mistakes but only have one pair of hands.
Boz Labs have announced that their latest plug-in Imperial Delay is shipping.
Imperial Delay aims to deal with two things, powerful delays with ease of use. On their web site they say;
Generally speaking artists are a funny bunch, at times working all hours to get things finished but on the other hand putting off today what can be put of tomorrow. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, perhaps you are an artist who keeps lists and completes them? How nice that would be for those who don’t seem to be able to keep their mind on things for more than a matter of minutes.
For many when you combine the heart of an artist and working from home it can mean you leave many things left undone and miss deadlines. If you run your business like this for any time and you could end up jeopardizing projects, clients, and even your entire business.
So here are a few ideas for helping to avoid this.
Join now and watch over 700 Pro Tools tutorials videos for just £20 a year.
Following a request from the community Russ does a full video tutorial on how to connect hardware in and out of Pro Tools. He looks at both the software set-up in Pro Tools and the hardware set-up.
This video tutorial also shows you how to account for any round trip latency that may be introduced depending on the hardware being used.
After watching this tutorial users should be able to use their favourite hardware in Pro Tools sessions.
Russ, Mike, Neil and James bring you another show with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- 5 Chances To Win A Copy Of Acon Digital’s Restoration Suite
- 5 Chances To Win An Editors Keys Headphone Stand
- Lindell Audio 500 Series Plug-ins At Killer Prices
- MeterPlugs - Ian Shepherd’s Perception $99 - 33% Discount
- Digital Sound Factory Ultimate E-Mu Ensoniq Rack £149 – 50% Savings
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
- Get Up To $1,295 In UAD Plug-Ins Free When You Buy A New Apollo Audio Interface
- Pro Tools Expert Rednet Event Hosted By Alchemea London A Resounding Success
- Pro Tools Expert Synchro Arts Revoice Pro 3 Launch Event At Alchemea London
- Is Pro Tools’ Number Up?
- Avid Suspend Pro Tools Upgrades Until New Support Plan Is Released In November
- 5 Tips For Getting A Great Vocal Performance In The Studio
- 5 Common Monitoring Mistakes In Home Studios
- Will You Still Be Using Avid Pro Tools In 3 Years Time? Poll
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- RSPE Video on Punchlight Products
- Wayne Scott - Looking for help with his dissertation designing a reverse gate for his BA in Music Production.
- Anthony Dominello wanted to share a tip to get the M-Audio ProFire working with Yosemite with a post on the M-Audio forum
- Trond Nedberg wanted us to discuss his concerns about the reducing benchmarks with newer Macs and a growing dependence on Thunderbolt.
- Alexandros Chrysidis has a shelf full of backup drives and wants ways of knowing what is on those drives without having to plug them in. PrintWindow5
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Pro Tools Expert Rednet Event Hosted By Alchemea London A Resounding Success
- Neil - Sonic Highways
- James - Drum Forge NEW sampled drum library
- Russ - BIAS Desktop Guitar Modelling Plug-in
In this video James takes a look at Drum Forge a new sample library by JTW Drums & JSD. Take a look and listen at how he thinks drums should sound.
Our recent primer article on monitoring for home studios has been very popular, all information aimed at those with small home studios on limited budgets.
Pro Tools Expert has a long relationship with studio design guru and respected acoustics expert Andy Munro from Munro Acoustics.
Over 30 years Andy has earned an enviable reputation designing studios for Coldplay, AIR Studios, Metropolis Studios and more recently the new flagship BBC Broadcasting House in London.
Extended Interview With Andy Munro
Russ met with Andy Munro and talks Shure, The Rolling Stones, the early days of home recording, plus of course lots of discussion around studio acoustics.