Universal Audio are pleased to announce that three new plug-ins for the UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces from Softube, Sonnox and Brainworx will be included in the upcoming UAD Software 8.5 release.
Marshall® JMP 2203 Guitar Amplifier Plug-In — $199
The Marshall JMP 2203 plug-in has been developed by Softube exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces It is an emulation of the legendary 100-watt amplifier used by everyone from Iron Maiden and Slayer, to Jeff Beck and My Bloody Valentine. All Marshall plug-ins on the UAD platform include their Unison™ technology, which means that Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact same impedance load as if they were plugged into a genuine vintage Marshall amp which is an exclusive feature found only on current Apollo audio interfaces.
Introduced in 1975, the JMP 2203 is widely regarded as one of Marshall’s premier amplifier designs. The amp quickly caught on with a wide range of players perhaps because of its abundance of dense crunch and power.
Marshall JMP 2203 Plug-In Key Features:
- The world’s only authentic and licensed plug-in emulation of the classic Marshall JMP 2203 amplifier
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original JMP 2203
- Five essential virtual microphone options
- Over 50 presets designed by legendary AC/DC engineer Tony Platt
- Upgrade for owners of any UAD Marshall plug-in - $149
Sonnox Oxford Envolution - $249
Sonnox have ported their latest plug-in over to the UAD platform. You can watch our review of the plug-in working inside Pro Tools.
Developed by Sonnox, the Oxford Envolution is a frequency-dependent envelope shaper that can add presence/distance to drums, piano, guitar, and any other percussive content. With separate transient and sustain sections, the Envolution can modify the sound of sources, boosting sustain for added ambience or cutting it for quick, precise gating.
Providing a balance between flexibility and ease of use, the Envolution is designed to offer greater control of presence in a mix than an EQ or compressor, and it can also be used to generate negative ratio compression effects.
Sonnox Oxford Envolution Plug-In Key Features:
- Comprehensive control of key shaping parameters including attack, hold, and release
- Separate and frequency dependent control of transients and sustain
- Tilt/parametric targeting of frequencies
- Huge gain ranges: Transients ±24 dB; Sustain -48 dB to +24 dB
- Warmth control for harmonic saturation/tone shaping
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection — $299
The Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Collection is a reimagining of the popular bx_digital V2 EQ plug-in a high quality mastering EQ and M/S (mid/side) processor and indispensable tool for many of the world's top mixing, mastering, and post-production engineers.
Brainworx were very early to the MS processing table in plug-in form and now the bx_digital V3 EQ adds a Dynamic EQ section, updated filters, and a new proportional Q mode to the already powerful M/S capabilities of the plug-in. Other new features also include Gain Scale and three tones of focus for the onboard Bass and Presence ‘Shifters’.
Brainworx bx_digital V3 EQ Plug-In Collection Key Features:
- Precise Mid/Side mastering processor and EQ with expanded feature set
- Comprehensive controls for stereo and Mid / Side panorama, levels, and stereo width
- EQ features extended frequency range, proportional Q bandwidth, and Auto-solo function for critical listening applications
- Revamped Dynamic EQ/De-esser section
- Gain Scale feature for artifact-free alternative to Dry / Wet processing
- Upgrade for UAD bx_digital V2 plug-in owners — $49