Mike, Julian and James ask exactly who still needs an HDX rig? Pro Tools 2018.7 Ultimate with a modern computer offers nearly everything an HDX rig does. They answer your questions, share community feedback, and their finds of the week.
- Don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners on our Deals page. It’s the last few days for quite a few of these deals. Highlights include 70% Off Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 only from Audiodeluxe until 29th August, Avid are offering 65% Discount On Their Pro Series Plug-in Bundle, and some great offers from Softube including 50% Off their Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking for a new audio interface? Well, for a limited time, you can buy a Universal Audio rackmount Apollo interface, that’s the Apollo 8, 8p, 16, or Apollo FireWire, from an authorized UA retailer at an unprecedented savings of up to 20% off the RRP. This offer is valid until September 15th 2018.
You can find out more about this deal by visiting UAudio.com.
- With the recent changes bringing most of the HD only features into Pro Tools Vanilla, and most recently with 2018.7 the changes to the Low Latency mode, is there any reason to buy into either HD Native or HDX if you were buying a system now?
- What distracts us from our work?
- Win All The UJAM Instruments Worth Over $1000. Our friends at UJAM are offering a chance to win the entire UJAM product line in our August giveaway.
- Don’t forget to check out more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE is proud to announce the new ASC Nano AttackWall. It’s a mini version of the ASC AttackWall that takes all of the acoustic benefits of its bigger brother and shrinks them down to fit on your desktop. Get a reliable, repeatable, and accurate sonic space that’s extremely portable, so you can take it with you when you move or work in another studio. Learn more at RSPE website.
Questions From The Community
- Göran Werner Is looking for advice on migrating to a new Mac.
- Greg Kellenberger Is unclear about MacOS support for UA software
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week - Sponsored By UJAM
UJAM Instruments’ innovative Virtual Drummer and Virtual Guitarist music production plug-ins are now available as AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools so Pro Tools users can now enjoy the simplicity and versatility of these excellent instruments. Get what you need from your drummer or guitarist in the minimum of time.
- Mike - Rycote InVision shockmount for my sE Electronics Min mic. My SM7b has been usurped
- James - Rycote Mic Flag - Fits all sizes of handheld mics very easy to fit and get a really pro looking mic for news type camera work.
- Julian - Sennheiser e614, really good SDCs for not a lot of money