Sound Bites are short articles aimed at giving you tips, tricks and news fast. They are no less useful but you should be able to read them in less than 1 minute.
I have been using Soundly since it was in beta as my sound effects management software and I even made Soundly my Team Find Of The Year for 2016. Since then, the Soundly team have been working hard to make Soundly better and they have now released Soundly V2.5.
- Collections - Collections replace playlists in version 2.5, maintaining all playlist functionality. Collections support unlimited sounds, more organizational options, and is even faster!
- New Pro Tools panel in settings - This has many new options including...
- Option to always copy files you drag out from Soundly to the current Pro Tools session's audio folder.
- Set the handle size of files you spot to pro tools.
- See the current session folder.
- Spot to Reaper - Soundly doesn't just work with Pro Tools. A much asked for feature is finally here with the spot to Reaper-functionality. Thanks to the great guys at Reaper for working together with Soundly on implementing this!
- Shuffle Search Results - Search results can now be shuffled in order to discover new sounds. Simply right click on the header row and select shuffle to randomize the search results.
- Single Channel Extraction - Easily extract a single channel from multi-channel files, such as from multi-channel dialogue recordings.
- Mono to Stereo - Fork a mono file to a stereo file. Great when you're out of mono tracks in Pro Tools and quickly want to get the file into the session.
- Tab to Transient - Make the cursor travel to the next transient by pressing the tab key. Great for quickly navigating dynamic sounds, such as explosions.
- More options in settings including...
- Set the path to your local database - This means that you can have multiple databases and switch between them. You can save a database on your external hard drive and connect to it in another studio.
- Do not reset the pitch slider when loading a new file. You can toggle this by right-clicking the pitch slider.
- Remove duplicates in searches.
- Automatically send invoices to any email address, such as your accountant.
- Engine Optimisations - Under-the-hood code improvements make Soundly even faster and more stable.
New Soundly Tutorial Series
Get up and running with Soundy 2 in the official tutorials. The series covers:
- Creating a Soundly Account
- The Workspace
- Adding Store Libraries
- Your Cloud Libraries
- Your Local Libraries
- Searching for SFX
- Auditioning Sound Clips
- Drag & Drop / Spotting
- Fun with Metadata
- Shortcuts / Tricks and Tips