Avid are starting to line up all their ducks for the release of Pro Tools 12.8 with the release of the latest update of EuControl - v3.6.1 stating that "EuControl 3.6.1 provides numerous fixes and enhancements, along with support for Pro Tools 12.8" in the EuControl 3.6.1 Read Me File.
There is also a new version of the Avid S6 software. V3.6.1 brings support for the PT 12.8 release, plus stability improvements.
What’s Fixed in EuControl 3.6.1
All EuControl Devices / EuControl Software
- Over 10 conditions which previously could crash EuControl no longer do so.
- It could be difficult for some plug-in knobs to reach their maximum and minimum values
- Resetting Send level via Opt (Mac)/Alt (Windows)+touching a knob would reset it to –Inf/off instead of 0/unity
- Navigating to Send/bus pan by pressing a Send knob could reset/clear Send level
- EQ 3 Mid band control would not always switch to Q when Sel was pressed
- It was possible for Wheel Modes and other functions to not be able to be assigned to Soft Keys on Mac
- The EuControl Soft Key Editor now stays focused on the currently locked-to Application
- On Windows, the Workstation tab now uses a checkmark instead of an X
Pro Tools Control
- Pro Tools Control with S3 or Other Controller: Changing Automation mode via "Do to Sel" required two presses of the desired Automation mode button
- Pro Tools Control: Mixer view would reset to the first 8 tracks when toggling between applications
Pro Tools Dock
- Pro Tools Dock: The ALT switch sometimes needed convincing before allowing you to enter Preview mode
Pro Tools S3
- Pro Tools S3: The Audio Control encoders (9–16) could exhibit delayed response when adjusting built-in I/O. Note: Requires new S3 firmware provided in EuControl 3.6.1.
- Artist Transport: It was possible for the Soft Key to Restore Previously Shown Tracks to stop working. Note: This fix requires Pro Tools 12.8 or higher.
- Artist Transport: Several Shift layer Soft Keys on the numeric keypad that required a Wheel mode no longer worked
The EUCON performance improvements introduced in v3.5 make it and all later versions (including v3.6.1) incompatible with v3.4.x and previous versions of EUCON and EuControl. As a result, version 3.5 and future versions must not be run on the same network (subnet) as any 3.4.x or prior EUCON Surface software.
For System 5-MC and MCPro, visit System 5-MC and MC Pro Documentation and Software.
For System 5, use version 6.1 or later visit the appropriate Knowledge Base pages.
Important Installation Note for Dock, S3, and Artist Series
- Make sure that firmware on Pro Tools Dock, Pro Tools S3 and Artist Series control surfaces are up to date (see Updating Firmware in the EuControl 3.6.1 Read Me File).
A new version of Pro Tools Control (v3.6.1) is available on the Apple App Store
Where Do I Find The EuControl Software To Download?
Go to your Avid Account and open up the Pro Tools Control and EuControl section as below.