Zynaptiq has released another ‘fix it’ plug-in. This time it is UNFILTER which allows you to re-eq audio that has been filtered. The team saw it at Musikmesse and were impressed; well, now you can try it too. Guitar cabinet coloration removal, and comb filtering removal, are just a few of the possibilities using UNFILTER. Here is what Zynaptiq says about UNFILTER:
UNFILTER is a real-time plug-in that removes filtering effects, such as comb filtering, resonance, or excessive equalization – effectively linearizing the frequency response of a signal automatically. UNFILTER can also apply a detected filter response to another signal, or export it to disk as an impulse response file (WAV), and can perform mastering grade adaptive, free-form, and graphic equalization. Applications include removing room resonance, repairing poorly mic’d production sound or musical recordings, enhancing the intelligibility of speech recordings in film sound, broadcast, ENG and forensics, adapting multiple sounds to blend better with each other, adaptively re-balancing the frequency response of mixed music, general purpose high resolution automatic equalization, and creatively designing new sounds.
- Automatically detect and remove resonances, equalization, roll-offs and the effects of comb filtering from musical, location, dialog and surveillance recordings.
- Apply the measured filter response to other signals to place them in the same “acoustic world”.
- Export the measured filter response to or import it from a linear- or minimum-phase impulse response file (WAV).
- Mastering grade adaptive, free-form and graphic equalization.
- Extremely steep 96dB/octave shelving high-pass filter.
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications.
- Highly time-efficient workflow and UI
UNFILTER is available now for $399 MSRP. The plug-in is available for Mac and PC in AU, RTAS, VST and AAX formats. There is a demo available too.