Mike, James and Julian discuss our equipment choices, the much anticipated 2018 Mac Pro, competitions and answering questions from the community and sharing our finds of the week.
- We've teamed up with e-instruments to offer an exclusive bundle that gives you two amazing Session Keys Grand Pianos at almost two for the price of one! Normally each piano sells for €99/$99 and there is no option to buy both the Session Keys Grand S and Y in a bundle. However, we've got this exclusive bundle of both the Session Keys Grand S and Y for just £99 (£82.50 + VAT @ 20%)
- Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking to get that big analog console sound from your in the box mix? Well, if buy and register any new UAD‑2 DSP Accelerator between January 1st and March 31st, 2018 you will get the world’s most authentic Neve, API, SSL and UA console emulation plug-ins for Mac and Windows with a value of up to $1196, absolutely FREE as part of the UAD Classic Consoles plug-in promotion. Learn more on the Universal Audio website.
- The Two Most Important Studio Equipment Choices You Can Make
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio has the new PMC result6 studio monitors in stock. result6 is PMC’s new entry-level monitor that takes everything PMC monitoring is famous for and makes it affordable! Contact RSPE or visit rspeaudio.com to learn more about result6.
- Flavio Buonerba was in touch last week sharing his experiences building a high spec PC rig. Alan has produced an excellent report on this as it was too good not to share with the community. Flavio's PC Build
Victor Sanders has contacted us about an idea for a feature we could run comparing the features of different DAWs.
Questions From The Community
- Peter Paul Papangelou wants James' advice on whether to buy an Apollo or something from Antelope Audio.
- Rob Heaney wants to know how to trigger custom samples for his click track
- Marco Nipp has found some level inconsistencies between clip gain and using Trim plug-ins.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Julian - Crucial MacBook Pro Mid 2012 upgrade. 16Gb Ram & 500Gb SSD from 4Gb and a rotational drive. Ahhh, that’s better...
James - I’m having 2.
- Avid's current focus on the Music Community
- NAMM & the people at the show.
Mike - Tips for covering old sessions with Sound Designer 2 sessions including an undocumented feature. Tutorial - How Do I Handle Old Pro Tools Sessions With Sound Designer 2 Files