- Check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section of the Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Looking to get that big analog console sound from your in the box mix? Well, if buy and register any new UAD‑2 DSP Accelerator between January 1st and March 31st, 2018 you will get the world’s most authentic Neve, API, SSL and UA console emulation plug-ins for Mac and Windows with a value of up to $1196, absolutely FREE as part of the UAD Classic Consoles plug-in promotion. Learn more on the Universal Audio website.
NAMM highlights - We have had our daily highlights reports from James and Dan, our team at NAMM 2018. But what are our highlights from the news stories that have come from NAMM?
- 10 years ago this year Russ Hughes started the AIR Users blog, which morphed into Pro Tools Expert in 2012. To kick off our year of celebrations we are running a competition with a Pro Audio gear and software prize pot worth over $28,000. We wanted to give you the option to win one of 18 great prizes in this anniversary prize draw competition, so check the list of great prizes on our win page.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are looking to give your studio the power to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content, then check out our friends at RSPE, as for over 15 years, they have been a proud Dolby Professional dealer and installer, and they are one of a handful of dealers who can supply the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite. Follow the link in the podcast notes.
- Flavio Buonerba has been in touch as he has been following our articles and listening to all the different opinions with much interest and he wanted to share my own experience. Rather than read this story out here we are going to create a dedicated story as Flavio has shared his experiences, deliberations and choices in detail as well as offering a range of tips to help those in the same position. Watch out for this article in the coming week.
Questions From The Community
- Luciana Foti has a question about how to stop Pro Tools from starting automatically in Windows 7. Alan's Link referred to in the podcast
- Asai Lohmann wants advice about a Pro Tools HD Interface to pair with an SSL 948 console
- Hans Dekker is having issues with his Windows computer running Pro Tools 8
- Trent Williams is seeking advice about relocating from New Zealand to the UK and the potential for work for someone experienced in post-production.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Russ - Manhunter - Unabomber on Netflix
- Mike - Pro Tools 2018 - I feel that Avid has turned a corner with this release. Although most of the features are for music, it is clear that Avid are working hard improving workflows and making it easier to be creative and not to get bogged down in the tech. That has to be a good thing in my book.
- Alan - The Dolby Atmos Production Suite. I have been getting to grips with this the last few days and the more I delve into it, the more impressed I am, not just with the Dolby software, but also with the integration of immersive audio into Pro Tools 2018. A relatively small price tag of £240 literally unlocks a whole extra dimension. I thoroughly recommend it for anyone wanting to explore the world of immersive audio.