In the Pro Tools Expert 10th Anniversary Competition, we offered the chance of winning the iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2 worth $1499, as one of 18 great prizes on offer worth over $28,000 in total. We can announce that Olmo van Straalen is the lucky winner.
What Is Included In The iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2?
The iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2 includes RX 6 Advanced, Neutron 2 Advanced, RX Loudness Control and Insight plus online tutorials and sound effects worth $1,499.
iZotope RX6 Advanced
Back in April this year iZotope released RX6 Standard and RX6 Advanced and also added a new product, RX Elements which replaced the RX Plugin Pack and includes the RX 6 Standalone Editor application as well as the plug-ins that were in the RX Plugin Pack. New modules in RX6 include De-rustle, De-wind, Dialogue Isolate, and De-bleed.
What Is New In RX6?
- De-rustle Module - This has been designed to remove distracting lavalier microphone rustle and other rustling sounds from your dialogue.
- De-wind Module - iZotope have designed this module to reduce or remove intermittent low-end wind rumble that occurs when wind effects a microphone especially when recording outside.
- Dialogue Isolate - This module extracts dialogue from noisy backgrounds whether this is a busy street, a sports event or a trade show floor.
- Plus everything new in RX6 Standard.
iZotope has worked hard to make RX6 even more useful in music applications and so have added some new modules to the RX6 Standard version rather than just to the Advanced version to make these features affordable to more users.
- De-bleed Module - Now you can remove bleed and spill from headphones that mics can pick up. As long as you have an audio file of the source of the spill then with the De-bleed module, you can get rid of that annoying spill from the click track for example.
- De-ess Module and Plug-in - iZotope have combined their spectral repair and conventional dynamics de-essing technologies to produce a brand new module for RX6. This now gives you 2 ways to deal with sibilance either based on the RX spectral repair tool or the conventional frequency based dynamics processing, in the new De-ess module and plug-in.
- Mouth De-click Module and Plug-in - iZotope have taken their De-click technology, refined it and produced a new dedicated Mouth De-click module focusing on removing mouth clicks in vocals and dialogue.
- Breath Control Module - iZotope have brought their breath reduction technology into RX6 to produce a new module to remove or reduce distracting breaths between words and phrases in either vocals or dialogue. It will also have a place on any track where the musician has to breath, so you can use it on woodwind tracks to reduce the player’s breaths.
- MP3 Export - You can now export and batch process MP3 audio files directly from RX6 and RX6 Advanced.
- De-plosive which was only in RX5 Advanced is now included in RX6 Standard and has also been improved. In addition, this is now available as a plug-in so you don’t need to leave Pro tools to happen your plosive problems.
iZotope Neutron 2 Advanced
Neutron 2 includes new signal processing, including a Gate with Hysteresis for a smoother gating response, and improvements to Track Assistant and Neutrino modes to help you get to a better starting point. Neutron 2 also features an intuitive Visual Mixer that allows you to mix on a soundstage by controlling pan, gain, and width of audio busses. The new Mix Tap plug-in now allows you to route any track to the Tonal Balance Control plug-in, Visual Mixer, and Masking Meter, even if you are not using any iZotope plug-ins.
Neutron 2 Key Features
Designed for musicians and mix engineers, Neutron 2 Advanced lets you:
- Dial in the perfect mix with the new Tonal Balance Control plug-in, which can access any instance of Neutron across all your tracks
- Communicate with Ozone 8 (sold separately) using the Tonal Balance Control plug-in for a seamless mixing and mastering workflow with professional results
- Get to an optimal starting point in your mix with the improved Track Assistant
- Visualize your entire soundstage, controlling individual tracks including pan, width, and gain via the new Visual Mixer
- Easily identify perceptual frequency collisions across tracks with the Masking Meter
- Get to an optimal starting point in your mix with the improved Track Assistant
- Detect certain instruments automatically and apply Neutrino’s spectral shaping
- Mix with six award-winning processors including a new Gate with Hysteresis
- Mix in surround with a True Peak Limiter that is optimal for post-production
In this Pro Tools Expert Video Review, we take a look at iZotope's latest version of their popular mixing suite/channel strip plug-in Neutron 2. We also take a look at their new Visual Mixer and Tonal Balance Control plug-ins.
Neutron 2 features a handful of workflow improvements. The new features that stand out to us are:
- The minor GUI facelift
- New Gate module
- New width control
- New Tonal Balance Control plug-in (which also communicates with Ozone 8)
- New Visual Mixer plug-in
- New Track Assistant options
Watch the video to find out what Dan Cooper thinks of the new and updated features of Neutron 2 and to hear the Track Assitant work its magic on a drum mix. Watch also to see the new Tonal Balance Control and Visual Mixer plug-ins in action and to find out why Dan isn't so keen on these additions in Neutron 2.
RX Loudness Control
This is an exclusive preview video review of RX Loudness Control and shows you how it works and how you can integrate it into your loudness workflows. If you are working creating loudness compliant content then you should check this out.
RX Loudness Control Compatibility
RX Loudness Control will support the AudioSuite DPM and AAX plug-in standards for Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools. RX Loudness Control is also going to be integrated into Adobe Premiere Pro’s open extension API, bringing offline loudness-compliant processing to the Adobe platform for the first time ever.
The history tab of the plug-in shows where in the program the loudness criteria go out of spec. You can choose which of the key descriptors to display, Momentary, Short Term and Integrated. There is also a Tolerance band to help you see if you are on target. Further down there is a true peak limiter which is an essential part of any loudness correction plug-in because if a program is low on loudness but the True Peak is close to the maximum then if the plug-in just increased the gain to get the Integrated loudness in spec the True Peak would then be too high, so including the true peak limiter from Ozone will mean you can be confident that the true peaks will be taken care of as well.
The Statistics tab is where you can see all the key loudness descriptors for the analysed clip. Also in the menu bar at the top, there is a drop-down menu with presets for all the key delivery specs around the world including the EBU R128 S1 spec for short-form content under 1 minute in duration like adverts, promos and tails which adds a maximum momentary or short-term loudness criteria to the delivery spec.
In this video, Mike offers a show and tell review of the new metering & visualisation plug-in from iZotope.
iZotope’s Insight is a comprehensive metering suite for post production and broadcast applications. Insight provides an extensive set of audio analysis and metering tools, including a loudness section with full history, logging and automation features. Insight, of course, is much more than just a loudness meter with 2D and 3D Spectrograms, True Peak Meters, Stereo Vectorscope, Surround Scope, and Spectrum Analyser as well.
In this free tutorial, Mike show the essentials of using the iZotope Insight plug-in on Pro Tools for loudness compliant metering and explain how to ensure your mix meets the latest standards, such as BS 1770-3, ATSC A/85, EBU R-128 and more.
Groove3 Video Training
As well as all the iZotope products you can get a 1-year, all-access pass to Groove3’s online video tutorials. Tailored for beginners and professionals alike, Groove3 offers valuable in-depth education on RX. Get out Mike's tutorials on these iZotope products on Groove3.
Pro Sound Effects
You will also get 50 download credits to the Pro Sound Effects Library. Each download comes with a 1-user, perpetual, royalty-free, commercial license for use in an unlimited number of productions. Search, browse, preview, and download from 175,000+ professional sound effects.
Olmo van Straalen Wins iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2 Worth $1499
In the Pro Tools Expert 10th Anniversary Competition we offered the chance to win one of 18 great prizes worth over $28,000 in total. Olmo van Straalen is the winner of the iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2 Worth $1499.
I am a 25 year old sound designer and sound recordist from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. In 2017, I graduated from the Netherlands Filmacademy and received a bachelor of arts in Sound Design.
I'm currently doing both post-production and sound recording for feature and short fiction film and documentary as well as radio, commercials and branded content. Next to this I also do foley/ADR and other voice recordings as well as re-recording mixing, so basically the entire workflow from the sound recording on set to the mixing and deliveries, and everything along the way.
The iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2 will really help me in acquiring the full potential from the sounds I record on set (or I receive from another sound recordist). Both in restoring and repairing recordings with RX6 as well as using the Insight and Loudness Control to help maintain the right levels in the mixing process.
If you would like to win a prize like the iZotope RX Post Production Suite 2 Worth $1499 then go over to our Win Page and see what prizes we have on offer.