Russ, James and Dan talk about handling criticism, protecting yourself from RSI in your studio and they share community feedback and their finds of the week as well as answering some of your questions.
Our friend and plug-in guru Michael Carnes at Exponential Audio is having a sale. Now Exponential Audio sales are rare, perhaps only happening a couple of times a year. Until 22nd June 2018 Michael is offering 30% off everything including upgrades, so if you are interested, do check out this deal as they don’t come round that often.
Synchro Arts are having a 30% off sale on all new licences, upgrades and rentals for their flagship product Revoice Pro 3. All this month not only are they offering 30% off they are also including over 3 hours of FREE video tutorials from Groove 3 as well.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the deals from our Partners on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Do your vocal recordings need more shine? Are you in the market for a new audio interface? Well if the answer to those questions is yes, now could be a very good time to buy a Universal Audio Apollo Twin as part of UA’s Apollo Twin Platinum Vocal Promotion.
- Buy an Apollo Twin MkII SOLO and get Antares Auto-Tune Real-time free
- Buy an Apollo Twin MkII DUO or USB and get Antares Auto-Tune and the Manley VOXBOX plug-ins free
- Buy an Apollo Twin MkII QUAD and get Antares Auto-Tune, Manley VOXBOX, and Pure Plate Reverb plug-ins all for free
You can find out more about this and other deals the Universal Audio team are running by visiting UAudio.com.
- We have teamed up with Dynaudio PRO, and Audio Distribution Group (ADG) to give you the chance to win one of six pairs of Dynaudio PRO LYD studio monitors in this very special two-part competition. Check out the story to learn more about how this very special competition works and how to enter.
- To celebrate the launch of Studio One 4 we've teamed up with Universal Audio for one lucky person to win one of their amazing Arrow Thunderbolt 3 audio interfaces for Mac and Windows.
- Don’t forget to check out more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE is proud to announce the new ASC Nano AttackWall. It’s a mini version of the ASC AttackWall that takes all of the acoustic benefits of its bigger brother and shrinks them down to fit on your desktop. Get a reliable, repeatable, and accurate sonic space that’s extremely portable, so you can take it with you when you move or work in another studio. Learn more at RSPE website.
Marcel Risberg - has shared how much he is enjoying the redesign of the site, with what is happening in the other communities so accessible.
Questions From The Community
- Jimmy Junior - Has an issue with MIDI which is recorded but isn't playing back.
- Chris Schiermann - Is struggling to get MIDI program change data to work in the MIDI editor.
- Alberto Carlassare - Wants to know how to approach moving a session with clip gain effects to an older system which doesn't support them.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week - Sponsored By UJAM
UJAM Instruments’ innovative Virtual Drummer and Virtual Guitarist music production plug-ins are now available as AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools so Pro Tools users can now enjoy the simplicity and versatility of these excellent instruments. Get what you need from your drummer or guitarist in the minimum of time.
- Russ - Tweeter repair article
- James - Royer R10 Ribbon Mics. Very dark sounding for a Royer. Great if you want that Coles overhead sound. Review to follow.
- Dan - Accusonus Beatformer