We recently posted that it was possible to download a 14-day free trial version of the new Plugin Alliance bx_console E emulation plug-in. It's out now and as predicted the normal price is $299 but there is an introductory offer of $179 saving $120.
Up To 72 Different Channel Strips Like A Real Analog Console
Plugin Alliance has designed this plug-in to enable you to be able to turn your Pro Tools system into a classic, high-end mixing console! bx_console E is a 72-channel emulation of the world-famous British SSL E Series mixing console, introduced in 1979.
Plugin Alliance uses their own Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT) to replicate individual component variations inherent in analog design. This means that different instances of bx_console E plug-in will have the small channel-to-channel variances you would expect to hear in the original analog mixer.
Each channel includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band Parametric EQ, and High Pass and Low Pass filters and with TMT, each channel is designed to produce slightly different frequency and phase responses, as well as differing compression and gate characteristics—just like in a real analog console. These slight variations add the complexity, nuance, depth and width for which analog is so deeply treasured.
Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_console E Features
- Models the classic British E Series mixing console, offering 72 different channels
- Full-featured channel strip includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band parametric EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters
- Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, Patent Pending) simulates channel-to-channel variances of electronic components for the most realistic analog sound
- “Brown” and “Black” EQ revisions can be swapped independently per channel with the click of a mouse
- HF and LF EQ bands can be independently switched to provide either bell-curve or shelving response
- EQ can be placed before or after the Dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate), in the audio path, or routed to the Dynamics’ sidechain
- High Pass and Low Pass filters’ frequency ranges can be independently shifted by a factor of three to reach far into the midrange band
- High Pass and Low Pass filters can be placed in the audio path or the Dynamics’ sidechain
- Compressor/Limiter features continuously variable Threshold, Ratio, wet/dry Mix and two-stage Release controls; a dedicated High Pass filter; and a toggle for Auto- and Fast-attack times
- Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls; two alternate Threshold ranges; and an Auto-/Fast-attack toggle
- Swap E and G Series Compressor VCAs independently per channel with the click of a mouse
- Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls and an Auto-/Fast-attack toggle
- Gate features continuously variable Hysteresis control that prevents on-off chattering when input signal level fluctuates around the threshold
- Expander Invert function lets you hear just the portion of signal that will be gated or expanded, helping you set the most effective threshold
- Dynamics section can be keyed by an external sidechain input signal
- Continuously variable THD control adds colourful saturation independently per channel
- Continuously variable Virtual Gain control adds simulated analog noise independently per channel
- Comprehensive metering and monitoring facilities incl. M/S solo features
- EUCON parameter mapping provided for Avid controllers, including the S6 control surface
- Supported Plugin Formats
- AAX DSP, AAX Native, AU, AAX AudioSuite, VST2, VST3
- Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.8 through 10.12
- Windows 7 through 10
- Pro Tools 10.3.10 or higher or any VST/VST3/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating system
- Mac -Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
- PC - Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
Brainworx bx_console E Sound Examples
Want To Try It First?
If you would like to try it first, then go to the bx_console E page on the Plugin Alliance page and go to the Downloads section of the page and choose the appropriate installer for your system. Note that you need to have a Plugin Alliance account to download the free trial installer but it is free to create a Plugin Alliance account too.