Since Apple announced a complete rethink of the Mac Pro there's been a lot of speculation about what it could look like and the new features found on the next Mac Pro 2018 model.
Some think that Apple may return to the tower format that was so loved in the earlier Mac Pro 'Cheesegrater' model, one thing is for sure they are not continuing the concept of the Mac Pro Late 2013 cylinder format, often referred to as the 'Trash-can.'
The designers at Germany's CURVED Labs have come up with their own concept based on this thinking, they say;
"Apple recently announced it would finally update the Mac Pro. There's even talk of a modular design. So what might that look like? How would it work? Our new CURVED / labs focusses on those questions, borrowing from the predecessor and adding, among other novelties, swiveling casing components for easy access."
- The side doors can swivel / rotate to open
- 2 x slots for full-size graphics cards
- Slots for adding / exchanging hard disks / SSD drives
- A slot for replacing the processor
- Slots for adding / replacing memory
- Ventilation holes on the top
- Power on / off button on the front in form of a touch ID button
- Touch bar on the front, which can display information about internal components, etc.
- Microphone / headphone jacks on the front for easy access
- SD card on front
- Connectors on the back: USB-C, USB, FireWire, LAN, HDMI"
So what do you think, how close do you think these concepts are of the new Mac Pro 2018?