Russ, Mike, James and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- For a limited time you can get the All-Access Pass at an unbelievable price. The All-Access Pass gives you instant access to every video on Groove3, and any that are added during your membership. 1 Year - $100, 2 years $175, and 3 years - $225.
- Win One Of Three Copies Of The New Sonnox Envolution Plug-in
- Win The Avid Pro Tools Dock For iPad - Worth £949/$1199
- Audified InValve 2 Effects Pack - 3 Plugins For £18 - 49% Discount
- Polyverse I WISH Plug-in £55 - 25% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Purchase and register any new UAD-2 OCTO PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Unit (Core, Custom, or Ultimate) from an authorised UA retailer between January 1st and March 31st, 2016, and get the API Vision Channel Strip, Studer A800 Tape Recorder, and Manley Variable Mu Compressor plug-ins free at product registration. No coupons or redemption codes are necessary. The plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new UAD-2 OCTO DSP Accelerator hardware.
- Understanding Product Life Cycles And What They Mean To You. This we hope was a very helpful article on the life cycle of a product, whether it is new, current, end of life, or end of support. Again you can read it on the site, but what I wanted to look at today on the podcast was the Buy or not to buy issue... We don’t always have to buy new, in this fashion conscious industry we can end up striving for the latest model etc and we discuss the list that we included in the article and to share our views and experiences around these points…
- Focusrite Announce Red4 Pre Interface With 2 Thunderbolt, DigiLink And Dante Connectivity. Its not often that we want to talk about one new piece of hardware for use with Pro Tools but cannot wait to get our hands on this unit
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
ASC Attack Wall Acoustic Environment - Check out the RSPE Attack Wall Web Page to learn more and see client photos and testimonials from people like Mick Guzauski, Gary Lux and Pete Townshend
- Marcello Garluzzo wanted to share a shortcut that he found by accident. Control+Shift+Alt+3 creates a tone file at 1K at -20dBfs for the duration of a selected area on the timeline.
- Matt Russell appreciated our discussion on Modelling plug-ins in Podcast 209 especially in regard with the user interface. Matt makes some great points and we will beaming a dedicated post based on Matt’s thoughts.
- Dave Clauss wants to flag up an issue with Pro Tools 12.4 and automation doesn’t make up for system delay. He has flagged it up with Avid and he says that they have listed it a bug.
- Christian Rebay has discovered a new clever piece of software called Sound Particles. It is the audio equivalent of CGI image manipulation.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
James has been scouring the Create Pro archives and found a very interesting interview with Steve Levine. They talk music tech, Mac Pro Upgrades and project past and present with Culture Club.
- Paul B has been hunting for sounds of 90s synths and is struggling to find appropriate sounds that were used in 90s eurodance type of tracks. Can we help?
- Aaron O’Neill is having problems trying to use the Smart Tool with the Grabber in Object mode. Do we have any tips?
- Stephen Moniz would like some help and advice when using the Dangerous Music 2Bus+ with an Apollo 16 Thunderbolt.
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Dan’s Reflection Filter mic stand trick - genius
- Mike - Sound Particles - Thanks to Christian Rebay for pointing me at this one.
- James - Mogees. Turns any object into a MIDI controller or instrument.
- Dan - Fryette Power Station. A device that can run amp heads hot but attenuate the volume coming out the speaker, great for VOX AC30 owners