Mike, James and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- During November Groove3 are offering their biggest sale of the year and a 50% discount you can get the amazing One-Year All-Access Pass during November for just $74.99! If you already have an active All-Access Pass, the new 1 Year AAP will automatically be added onto your existing membership, so you don’t lose any time.
- Win A Townsend Labs Sphere 3D Microphone System Worth $1799
- Win One of Five Copies Of LEVELS from Mastering The Mix
- Win All the SoundBits Sound Effects Libraries - one lucky person will win a copy of every single library in the SoundBits Catalogue.
- Also check out the competitions from our partner brands in the new section on the Win page.
Deals - Finished on November 24th
- Our deals all finished in time for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals and there are still some offers available from our partner brands available on our deals page.
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is James’ interview with Rich Nevens From Avid shot in the Steampunk demo suite at Jigsaw24 in London's Soho. Rich is currently the Director of Strategic Solutions and so looks after customer focused solutions mainly in the control surface area of the business.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Put Fairchild and Neve on your desktop. Until December 31st, purchase and register a new Apollo Twin audio interface (USB or Thunderbolt) and get UAD plug-ins from Neve, Fairchild, and UA — absolutely FREE!
Buy the Solo Thunderbolt and get the Fairchild® Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection and Oxide™ Tape Recorder Plug-In
Buy the Duo Thunderbolt or USB and get the Neve® 1073 Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection as well as the Fairchild® Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection and Oxide™ Tape Recorder Plug-In
- Pro Tools Expert Innovation Awards 2016
- It the last couple of days to nominate brands and products for our Innovation Awards. There are two categories, Most Innovative Brand and most Innovative Product of the year. We will be starting the voting in December and everyone who nominates or votes will be put into a hat to win one of 9 bundles of great prizes. We are still putting together the bundles but there are already some amazing prizes on offer.
- Home Studio Build - Part 8 - Fixtures And Fittings
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio are Avid Pro Tools Specialists - If you have any questions about Pro Tools Software or Hardware upgrades, contact RSPE for expert service and the best prices.
- Artis Dukalskis wanted to give us a heads up on HPC Music high performance computers for music applications. Be aware that it isn’t the cheapest solution with prices starting at $15,000 but has 432 cores and can support up to 288 gigs of RAM.
- Bertrand Grichting wanted to clarify his comments regarding James’ plan to install a console in his studio.
- David Thomas - Following on our discussion about the Adobe Voco, he thought he would try a form of watermarking and see if it would stand up to lots of transcode processes.He took a 48k aiff and put it into iZotope RX and used the gain reduce function to create a pattern of tiny inaudible holes in the audio at very narrow frequencies for very short durations. He then put it through a series of format conversions, aif into 128kbps mp3, into aac, then Apple Lossless, back to mp3 at 96kbps and finally back to aiff again. He then put it back into iZotope RX and you can still just about see the pattern of dots that he had made originally - see the image below.
- Felix Tycho got in touch about not being view Pro Tools Expert on the Tapatalk app. We have checked the RSS feed and that is OK but if you are on iOS then you will find our site on the iOS News app.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Create Pro are happy to announce two CPU Upgrade days in London during December. Appointments are available on Thursday 1st and Thursday 15th December. Create Pro technicians will arrive at your location of choice, and in under half an hour will complete your CPU upgrade. If you are looking to upgrade from a single processor to a 3.46 12 core the cost will be £1, 395 (inc VAT). If you want to upgrade your Dual Processor to a 3.46 12 core the cost will be £795 (inc VAT). There is no extra fee for your upgrade being performed on site.
- Shyyne King is looking for advice on a DAW controller as well as upgrading a Pro Tools 11 vanilla system to a Pro Tools 12HD System or at an Apollo based system for a good home recording environment.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - SoundBits Sale - 36 different libraries and bundled all half price until Nov 30th
- James - Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera and Micro 4/3rd Lenses.
- Dan - Freddie Mercury Piano VI