Exclusive Deals For The Pro Tools Expert Community
IMPORTANT READ THIS BEFORE ORDERING
- Please make sure you purchase carefully, many of the products we sell have demos you can download before you make your purchase, please use this option to evaluate suitability.
- In the cases of software and soundware all orders are final and binding, if you make a mistake we can’t issue a refund - you will agree to these terms before making a payment.
- If you are having issues with your software then please make sure you are clear about what the issues are in any correspondence, detailing your system spec, any other software and version being used and the exact nature of your issues. Refunds are only offered once we are satisfied the item sold is defective.
- All sales in the EU are subject to VAT @ 20%, if you have a EU (Not UK) VAT number then please add it at the checkout to redeem your VAT at point of sale. Thanks.
We have been able to renegotiate a great deal on the superb Exponential Audio R2 Reverb, but only on the understanding that the deal would be offered to Pro Tools Expert members only.
When Mike Thornton first looked at the Phoenixverb and R2 reverbs from Michael Carnes at Exponential Audio he expected to prefer the neutral and uncoloured Phoenixverb over the R2 reverb with character but he was blown away by the sound of the R2 and tends to use this more. In this updated review Mike has awarded the R2 reverb plug-in Editors Choice.
Exponential Audio Testimonial
Eric Lambert is a composer and music director at this studio - Earhole Studios in Chicago.
R2 - I’ve always held a special place in my heart for classic reverbs, partially because of their texture, but also because that sound is integral to countless recordings. The fast-paced workflow and tight deadlines which we’re forced to deal with mandated speed and consistency. The classic hardware units aren’t completely reliable (or even stable), are slow to adjust, and require recall notes, a step which requires time that we often don’t have. Since using R2, everything we’ve come to rely upon about the classic reverbs is now available without any of the fuss. And we get not one stereo path but as many as we could ever wish to use.
Supported Platforms & plug-in formats
10.6.8, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9. Intel only. Multicore processor in excess of 2GHz is recommended. 2GB RAM or more. Display 1024 x 768 or greater.
Exponential Audio support AudioUnits (32 and 64-bit), VST (32 and 64-bit), AAX (32 and 64-bit) and RTAS (32-bit)
Win 7, Win 8. Multicore processor in excess of 2GHz is recommended. 2GB RAM or more. Display 1024 x 768 or greater.
Exponential Audio support VST (32 and 64-bit), AAX (32 and 64-bit) and RTAS (32-bit)
In association with Pro Tools Expert Drumdrops bring you a special offer on two new Folk Rock drum tracks albums Folk Rock Drops Volumes 1 & 2. Now available for one month with 30% off.
You buy your Folk Rock Drum tracks direct from Drumdrops using the PTEfolkrock30 code. See further down for detailed instrictions
What Are Folk Rock Drops?
Folk Rock Drops covers all your Folk Rock drum needs. 33 drum tracks providing a variety of grooves from vintage to modern, from sticks to hotrods, from Neil Young to Bon Iver. All the drum tracks were played by renowned Folk drummer Martin Barker and recorded and mixed by the legendary Phill Brown (John Martyn, Bob Marley, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Talk Talk).
Drumdrops Folk Rock Drops Volume 1
Volume 1 contains mostly vintage drum tracks and was recorded on a 1966 Ludwig Hollywood Kit with a variety of snares. It was mic’d up using a 5 mic recording technique (Close mics on the Kick and Snare with two kit mics around the kit and an overhead above it) and recorded in the dry sounding live room of Livingston Studios in London.
Drumdrops Folk Rock Drops Volume 2
Volume 2 contains mainly modern drum tracks and was recorded on an 80s Gretsch kit with a couple of snares owned by Martyn. This kit was close mic’d and used the liver sounding live room at Livingston Studios.
Taking inspiration from artists such as Little Feat, John Martyn, Bob Dylan, The Byrds, Nick Drake, Traffic, Goldfrapp, Elliott Smith, Fairport Convention this is the first port of call for musicians or producers using for Folk Rock drums.
Plugin Boutique’s BigKick is a fantastic hybrid of a drum sample player and low end synth designed to allow you to create the fattest most pounding kick drums ever heard and we have got it here for you this month on another exclusive PTE deal.
Check out our Show & Tell Video to get a full walkthough and hear BigKick in action, check out the spec’s below and then buy it now before this time limited deal ends because when its gone…..its gone !
- Achieve great bottom-end: design a drum that fits perfectly with your bass.
- A quick and frustration-free solution: cut out hours of hunting through samples.
- Get more out of your existing kick drum sample collection.
- Start from scratch or use presets from D-Product, the Freemasons, Kris O’Neil and many more.
- Combines synthesis for flexibility and samples for extra-character.
- Drag-and-drop: instant sample import and export to your DAW or Desktop. Drag finished samples straight out of the plugin to your host’s sampler. Or drag sounds straight from your track onto the Load Sample button to layer them with the synthesized kick drum!
- Flexible: Replicates most electronic kick drum sounds - with creative options to help you create the sounds of the future.
- Big library: Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets
- Tuned kick drums. Set the pitch to match your bass-line, or play the pitch of the kick drum with your MIDI keyboard.
- Use your own samples: Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries
- Easy-to-use: Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool. No complex envelopes to set - just sensible knobs for instant results.
- Auto-play: click auto-play for an instant kick-drum metronome. Get started jamming without programming a single midi note.
- Bonus samples: 100 free kick drums from the Loopmasters library come with the demo – yours to keep whether or not you buy the plugin!
- Creative options: Overdrive, three unique waveforms and a hard clipper.
- Two kick drum body models: Original (covering a range of styles) and tough (which gets a harder edged more electronic sound – great for trance and other clean, tight and hard genres).
- Safety first: A high pass filter helps you avoid nasty surprises in the sub-bass.
- Preset management: Great new preset handling features, including folder creation, renaming, easier preset browsing, preset-pack creation tools and much more.
- Fine-tuning: Built in EQ to make your presets sit right in the mix quickly and a punch control to tuck the drum into your mix, or have it leap out and smack you in the face.
BigKick is compatible with most major DAW platforms, and is available for both PC and Mac.
Mac: Audio Unit 32-bit and 64-bit, VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit, AAX for Protools 10.3.6 and later. Requires OSX 10.6 or later.
Windows: VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7, Windows 8. AAX for Protools 10.3.6 and later.