The announcements are coming thick and fast from AES this year. Waves is the latest brand to announce a new product. The Waves Abbey Road Vinyl plugin is designed to give your music the vintage warmth of vinyl records played on classic turntables and needles: a precise model of Abbey Road Studios’ vinyl cutting and mastering gear.
Love Your Vinyl?
There are few things in music that capture the emotion of diehard fans more than vinyl. The retro feel of a record, combined with the analog warmth of its sound, makes vinyl a beautiful nostalgic statement. Designed in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios, this plugin faithfully captures every stage of the vinyl production and playback process: you can choose between the sound of a pure acetate (lacquer) cut or the print master vinyl pressing from the factory; play the records on two distinct turntable types with a choice of three classic cartridges; and even add the TG12410 mastering console on the path into the vinyl lathe.
For added authenticity and creativity, Abbey Road Vinyl even lets you move the location of the tone arm across the record, changing the frequency response and distortion like in the real world. You can also add vinyl noise and crackle, apply a gradual slow-down/stop turntable effect, and add wow and flutter effects for extra analog warmth.
Waves Abbey Road Vinyl Features
- Add authentic vintage vinyl sound to your tracks
- Precise model of the classic vinyl mastering gear at Abbey Road Studios
- Choose between a pure acetate cut or the print master pressing from the factory, played back on different turntables and needles
- Add noise and crackle
- Control tone arm location for variable frequency response/distortion
- Add wow and flutter
- Control and shape phase distortion
- Apply slow-down/stop turntable mechanism