We have been noticing that since we had to make some changes to the Pro Tools Expert Deals Store that there has been a very high proportion of deals transactions started but not completed. So we have down some investigations and we believe it maybe because of the windows that come up as part of the process to to buy a deal putting you off so we wanted to take this opportunity to explain what is happening and why.
Now when you click on a Buy Now button on a deal on our Deals page you get this window pop up which could look a little scary.
Because we are based in the UK in the EU we have to establish where you live and whether you can can back the VAT (purchase Tax) of not. So we have to ask a set of questions to establish who you are and where in the world you are based to meet the requirements of the UK tax authorities - Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
So please do not be put of by these windows, they aren't as scary as they look and so here are some guidelines about what you need to do, so you can complete the transaction worry free.
1. Select Your Business And Location Status
- If you are not a business based in a European country then leave it on default setting No
- If you are a business based in the US, for example, leave it on No
- If you a private individual in France, for example, leave it on No
- If you are a business based in any of the EU countries then select Yes
- if you answered No then move onto the Country of residence.
- If you answered Yes then you will need to enter your business name and VAT number before selecting the country in the EU that the business is based in.
2. Select Your Country Of Residence
- Either way next select the country you mainly live it. You will need to provide your address on the next window.
- Click Continue
3. Provide Your Name And Address Details
- Enter your name and address details into this window.
- When you are done click on Continue
4. Provide Your Payment Details
Enter you payment details and then click on the Pay button. In the example about, because I am based in the UK I have to pay VAT even though I will claim it back because I am a VAT registered business in the UK.
Businesses based in any other EU country who provide a valid EU VAT number that matches your country of residence will not be charged VAT until the current EU VAT regulations.
Its Not Scary - Honest
We hope this explains what this scary windows are all about and that how you understand them, you won't be put off from taking advantage of the great deals we negotiate on your behalf.