THIS STORY WAS UPDATED JANUARY 30TH 2016
Avid, the makers of Pro Tools, have undertaken another round of layoffs affecting some key people on the Pro Tools, Venue and the wider audio teams.
Jobs have gone in Product Management, Beta and QA, Applications Engineering and Marketing. This includes teams from both the USA and Germany and may extend to other Avid offices around the world. Here is a list of some of the roles affected by the current round of Avid layoffs,
- Vice President Audio
- Senior Director Product Management
- Director of Product Management - Pro Tools
- Product Manager - Creative Pro Audio Programs
- Principal Applications Engineer - Pro Tools
- Beta Program Manager / QA Supervisor
- Applications Specialist
- Partner Program Manager
- Segment Marketing Manager - Music & Education
- Avid Audio A&R
As is always the case this includes friends of many of the team on Pro Tools Expert, we have spoken to some of them on the phone today and as expected they are shocked by the news.
Our best wishes go out to all those affected by this news.