Russ, Mike, and Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
RME Total Mix Explained by music tech master Todd Tatnall, which shows you everything you need to know about RME’s powerful virtual mixer software.
Studio One 3 Advanced by Studio One guru Marcus Huyskens is sure to please the PreSonus crowd
- Mastering The Mix Stereo & Stem Mixing Services - 33% Discount
- Blue Cat Audio Dynamics V4 Plug-in £64 - 33% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Buy a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip & Get a FREE UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator with Plug-Ins! Now, purchase a 6176 Vintage Channel Strip from an authorized UA retailer between July 1st and September 30th, 2015, and you’ll receive a UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator — your choice of PCIe Card, Satellite FireWire or Satellite Thunderbolt — with the “Analog Classics Plus” plug-in bundle —absolutely free!
- Free 30 Day Access Codes To Our Premium Video Platform - The Place To Find All Our Video Tutorials & More
- 8 Ways To Save Money In Your Studio
- Do You Think Pro Tools Will Have Track Freeze And Cloud Collaboration Before 2016?
- The Ultimate Microphone Pre-Amp Shoot Out - With Poll
- Wayne Van De Klee wanted to share with the community that there is a free analysis/metering plug-in available in AAX Native from Vengeance Sound if you buy an edition of Computer Music magazine.
- Bertrand Grichting is disappointed that Avid don’t offer a cross grade route for HD users for whom Pro Tools 12.2 Vanilla is more than adequate.
- Paul Frith is concerned about Avid locking users into support plan and the parent higher price in the UK. Check out the Avid Licensing page.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
- If I don't want to go for a "Trash Can" What are the options? Check out the Configure page on the Create Pro site. Here you can spec up your ideal Mac Pro (Cheese grater style) to the same speed and performance of the new style trash cans.
- Charlie Holmes is having problems with VIs in Pro Tools 10 through to 12 and even with careful fault finding was struggling to track it down.
- Wayne Woods asks if we have a surround template for Post we can share.
Community Find Of The Week
- Anthony Dominello wanted to share that VI Labs has created this fantastic free UVI Workstation instrument called True Cowbells. It's over a gig of samples with 3 distinct styles of cowbell, multiple virtual mic positioning, resonance options...it's all there.
- Christian Linder wants to share a selection of web audio tools. Firstly WebSynths is a 3 oscillator synthesizer with LFOs, filters and effects in your internet browser! you should also be able to control the synthesizer with your midi keyboard or alternatively with the computer keyboard. Secondly, if you need some drums, too then there is html5 Drum Machine. If you want to know more about web audio Christian offers some more references
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Talent & iPad Pro
- Mike - Norwegian startup Soundly just launched an for both Mac and PC, giving you instant access to thousands of sound effects in the cloud. You can preview, edit and drag-and-drop sounds in real-time, straight from the Soundly Cloud into Pro Tools or other platforms that support drag and drop. You can import your own libraries enabling you to be able to search across the cloud-based libraries, as well as your local sound collections, And with it being cloud based, access your sound effects in the cloud from anywhere in the world. Premium features include the continuously-updated Soundly PRO SFX library, with thousands of custom-recorded sounds, as well as a Store module that enables you to purchase additional premium libraries on the fly. A more detailed look to follow...
- Dan - LEV Solutions The Integrity II Pre-Amp