In this video our own 'Mr RX It' Mike Thornton takes a quick look at RX Final Mix v1.01 and also shows the new features added in this update released today.
New Features & Enhancements in RX Final Mix v1.01
- New lower-latency limiting algorithm. As low as 120 samples at 48 kHz, for transparent processing without any artifacts or sonic compromise.
- “Enable True Bypass” mode. Bypass the Limiter so that dynamic EQ can keep the surround image balanced with zero latency.
- Drastic reduction in CPU usage. Up to 60% less CPU usage, ideal for seamless integration into large-format dubbing.
- AU now supports 5.1 channel configurations.
- Added VST support for Edius (stereo only).
- Miscellaneous performance fixes and improvements.
As I say in my review RX Final Mix is already finding it's way into my templates and workflows and I can see me using the EQ section more and more especially in Dynamic mode to deal with issues on the audio I am presented with on a regular basis. RX Final Mix is going to become a close companion to RX4 Advanced in my audio post toolkit.