In this video review, Pro Tools Expert Team Member Julian Rodgers tries the new Sonnox Dynamic EQ. Using a vocal from "Floodlights" by Corinna Jane, he uses the Dynamic EQ to tame harsh upper mids and control stray plosives.
More On The Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ
This plug-in offers an excellent sounding dynamic EQ with powerful features which go beyond the capabilities of some of the competition.
- 5 bands of the Oxford Type-3 EQ curve which offer proportional-Q, often considered the most musical EQ curve-type
- All bands can overlap fluidly without the static phase distortion or low frequency artefacts associated with multiband compressors
- Each band can process and/or detect from mono, stereo, mid or side channels
- Flexible per-band internal/external side chain controls
- A clear and informative GUI simplifies the often-complex workflows associated with multiband dynamic plug-ins
- Flexible upwards/downwards compression and upwards/downwards expansion
- Engage the effect either by setting a level threshold or by using the unique onset detection feature for very precise transient processing