In this video review, Russ from our new sister site Synth Expert takes a look at the Waves Clavinet virtual instrument plug-in.
What Is The Clavinet?
The Clavinet was an electrically amplified clavichord that was manufactured by the Hohner from 1964 to the early 1980s. Hohner produced seven models over the years, designated I, II, L, C, D6, E7 and Duo. Its distinctive bright staccato sound has featured most prominently in funk, jazz-funk, rock, and soul songs.
Waves Clavinet VI Features
- Accurately sampled from the original D6 model Clavinet
- Built-in FX section including advanced auto-wah, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Full velocity response mix control with key up and mechanics features
- Customizable EQ section for further tone shaping
- Mute slider control for decayed staccato or mellow sustain
- Amp overdrive control with tube condenser and dynamic microphone selectors
- Global tune control; MIDI-assignable
- 32-bit & 64-bit
- NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
- Can be used as a plugin or as a standalone instrument
- Powered by the Waves Sampler Engine (WSE)
- Introductory Price $29, normal price $69