In this review for Production Expert, Pro Tools Expert Technical Editor James Ivey talks a look at the new McDSP 6034 Ultimate Multi-Band Compressor.
James first shows us around the GUI then using a multitrack drums recording shows off some of the 6034's presets and how we can edit them to create our ultimate compression environment.
The 6034 Ultimate Multi-band is a flexible multi-band dynamics processor which includes all the compression, expansion, and gating modules from the McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip plug-in, in a four band crossover network. Just like the 6050 modules, the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band modules can be changed and rearranged as you work for quick auditioning while retaining relative settings. The crossover filter slopes can be configured as 6, 12, or 24 dB/Oct.
The metering is very comprehensive including gain reduction and output levels on all crossover bands, as well as main input and output levels.
As ever there are plenty of artist presets included those from Mike Dean, ROCA Sound, David Bottrill, Richard Chycki, Lovy Longomba, Eric Racy, Brujo Caipo and Zakk Cervini.
- Includes award-winning compressor modules from the 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip
- Configurable four-band crossover with multiple filter slope options
- On the fly module auditioning
- Input and output control
- Analog Saturation Modeling
- Double precision processing
- Ultra low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
- HD v6: AAX DSP/Native, AU, VST
- Native v6: AAX Native, AU, VST
- *Mac OS only at this time. Windows support coming soon.