In this video review, Pro Tools Expert Deputy Editor Dan Cooper takes a look at Gothic Instruments' DRONAR Dark Synthesis drone synth instrument for Kontakt. Note that this needs the full version for Kontakt version 5.6, it won't work with the free Kontakt Player.
Thanks to our friends at Time+Space for sorting us out with a copy for this review.
DRONAR Dark Synthesis is a powerful and dark sounding drone synth instrument made up of four layers. Each layer has a set of controls that are commonly found in other synth products. The intensity and Movement controls are at the core of DRONAR Dark Synthesis, enabling users to dial in movement and colour of drone layers. Play a single note on a MIDI controller and DRONAR comes alive and instantly evokes dark emotions.
This is a must for Sound Designers and composers for film and TV. This is quite CPU heavy so do expect to run at higher buffer sizes.
For more information and to purchase DRONAR Dark Synthesis please visit our friends at Time+Space
- Expressive and innovative atmospheric sound creator
- Includes 127 .nki presets
- Total library size: 7.25GB
- Developed for the full (paid for) version of Kontakt 5.6 or higher
- Evolving, rich and complex sounds that would otherwise take hours to create
- From foreboding otherworldly and disturbing atmospheres to ethereal and mysterious soundscapes
- The perfect companion for movie, tv and video game soundtracks
- Great for intros, breakdowns and backing layers in electronic music
- Expert and beginner friendly
- 6 pages of simple controls deliver massive control
- Create your own rhythm patterns in amongst the pad magic with the Rhythm Editor
- Dive deeper with DRONAR´s unique independent arpeggiators
- Onboard FX provide further sound design options