In this review, Pro Tools Expert Deputy Editor Dan Cooper takes a look at Zynaptiq's latest effects plug-in WORMHOLE. Watch the video to hear how WORMHOLE changes the character of Dan's voice and also the tonality of drums and piano in a mix.
What Is WORMHOLE?
I’ve always felt that plug-ins by Zynaptiq are in a league of their own. There's a very good chance you'll never hear anyone at Zynaptique say “Let’s Emulate something….” No, that's not the Zynaptiq way of doing things as I feel they produce plug-ins that break the mould with WORMHOLE being a definite continuation of that.
WORMHOLE claims to be a new type of creative effects tool that produces:
- Otherworld audio effects
- Alien voices
- Sounds so unearthly you'll swear they're from a parallel universe
Main Features (From Zynaptiq Website)
- High-quality multieffects processing ranging from the sublime to the extreme.
- WARP spectral inversion & warping module.
- SHIFT unique topology combined pitch-/frequency-shifting module with SMOOTH, TIGHT and two DETUNE modes.
- Dual lush randomized hall reverbs.
- Unique dry/wet morphing.
- Very wide +- 4 octaves pitch-shift and +-4000Hz frequency shift range, fully aliasing free, with 96dB/oct (!!) carrier and side-band attenuation.
I can't see wormhole becoming an everyday effects processor in my workflow as the genres of music I work on don't really require this level of rich dimension shaping that WORMHOLE features. Sound designers, voice-over mixers and even directors should definitely check out WORMHOLE as it is a tool that doesn’t just produce voice effects, it creates characters.
Try For Yourself - Download Demo
For more information and to download the free demo please visit the Zynaptiq website.