Is it possible to remove a vocal line from a mixed track? The answer to that question can be found in this Pro Tools Expert review. Dan Cooper takes a look at a standalone Mac application (Windows currently not supported) called TRAX Pro SP by Audionamix that claims to be able to do the impossible... separate vocals from mixed music.
TRAX Pro SP uses a speech-optimized separation algorithm that automatically detects and separates speech, allowing users to extract or remove dialogue from background elements in audio.
Watch the video to hear the vocal separation results of TRAX Pro SP and to see a handful of features that make light work of balancing the level of a vocal in a mastered mix. The GUI is complex so users will need to put some practise time into developing workflows so that the features on TRAX Pro SP can be fully exploited. Audionamix includes a very comprehensive manual with tutorial videos to help users get up and running quickly.
- Pan-specific spectral editing feature
- Faster spectrogram for smoother, more responsive spectral editing
- Consonants Annotation tool
- Export files in STEMS format
- Improved Vocal Targeting and Import Workflow
- Non-Destructive Source Separation
- Integrated Post-Separation Enhancement
- Multiple Bit Depth and Sample Rate Compatibility
- Multi-Algorithmic Processing Matrix
- Integrated Full Spectrogram
- Comprehensive Suite of Spectral Editing Tools
Pricing & Download
TRAX Pro SP is available via subscription from the Audionamix website and available to purchase. Please visit the Audionamix website for full pricing details.