In this video review Pro Tools Expert team member Dan Cooper takes a look at the new distortion / amp simulator plug-in by Blue Cat Audio - The Destructor.
Watch the video to hear how it performs with electric guitar featuring a selection of the high gain presets bundled with Destructor.
The Destructor by Blue Cat Audio is a very easy guitar amp simulator plug-in to use. It feels great to play big electric guitar parts through. It's a shame that there isn't a built-in guitar tuner as I feel this is something that would be really useful.
The variety of distortion tones seem to be endless and not exclusive to guitars. The preset categories include settings for bass and drum instruments.
For more information and to download the demo please visit the Blue Cat Audio Website
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing.
- Works for "clean" sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1400 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.