Watch to hear the new Track Assistant feature that listens to audio, providing tailored starting points for mixing.
The Pro Tools Expert team had early access to Neutron. Read Russ and Mike's first impressions of Neutron here.
The new Track Assistant feature is a very clever time-saving tool. It analyzes audio, identifies the instrument and sets up EQ and Dynamics settings accordingly. The Track Assistant has a handful of presets so that the behaviour of the process can be either toned down or made more aggressive.
I have never been a fan of static EQ and Compressor plug-ins presets as settings, such as "big kick 1" or "big snare drum", have never helped me get a mix done properly. In every production the source instruments vary in tone, dynamic and feel thus rendering EQ and Compressor presets useless in my opinion. Neutron does away with such presets, though the technology offers us a similar approach to "presets" without the need to search for that "kick drum 1" sound.
We proudly award Neutron by iZotope with a Pro Tools Expert Editor's Choice award for the forward thinking and time-saving mix features in Neutron . This is a channel strip like no other, yet Neutron has the familiar GUI design and sonic results we love in other iZotope products.
- Detects different instruments such as vocals, dialogue, guitar, bass, and drums. Apply the spectral shaping technology within Neutron to provide subtle clarity and balance to each track.
- Get recommendations for optimal starting points using Track Assistant, including EQ nodes, compressor thresholds, saturation types, and multiband crossover points, so you can mix with confidence.
- Carve out sonic space with the revolutionary Masking Meter to help each instrument sit better in the mix.
- Create the perfect mix with five essential mixing processors integrated into one CPU-efficient channel strip, packed with both clean digital and warm vintage-flavored processing.
- Surround Support [Advanced Only] for audio post professionals that need to enhance the audio for picture experience.
- Individual plugins [Advanced Only] available for the Equalizer, Compressor, Transient Shaper, and Exciter