Native Instruments, makers of software and hardware instruments, has updated Kontakt to v5.7.
This update adds three new guitar amp models and two additional distortion effects. Kontakt 5.7 also adds enhancements for instrument builders – including two for UI-authoring – and fixes some bugs.
- There are now three new guitar amplifier models available: AC Box, Hot Solo and Van 51.
- There are now two new distortion effects available: Cat and DStortion.
- KSP UI widgets can now be explicitly placed on one of three layers on the z axis ($CONTROL_PAR_Z_LAYER).
- The KSP waveform UI widget can now be styled (colour and transparency of its separate components).
- Effect parameters that are represented as buttons or drop-down menus are now available through KSP.
- Every KSP runtime warning now includes the line number of its source.
- The Add Library button has now been renamed to Manage Library.
- KSP: num_elements () now works with ui_xy arrays.
- CPU profiling mode is now reliable.
- Text selection in Expert tab is now visible.
- Nested drop-down menus would stop working under certain circumstances.
- In certain cases, Kontakt would take longer than usual to close if Usage Data tracking was enabled.
- Kontakt would crash when longer samples were used with the Tone Machine.
- Certain NKIs with many automation assignments would cause the system to noticeably slow down.
- KSP switches would sometimes not show the correct sprite frame when in hover state.
- Certain DAWs would freeze when attempting to duplicate a track with Kontakt.
- In certain cases, Kontakt would crash when loading an NKI when another NKI was in Edit view.
- Kontakt would crash when attempting to declare PGS keys in multiscripts.
- Additional languages documentation is not up to date (English application reference and KSP reference were updated to version 5.7).