PreSonus Studio One is fast becoming the must-have DAW, there are many reasons why they include three versions to suit everyone from the beginner to the professional.
Perhaps you'd like to try Studio One and are worried about wasting money, well you can get a free copy and even if you don't buy it will work forever.
How Can I Use Studio One For Free?
- Integrated Melodyne pitch correction
- Project page (Mastering, DDP, Red Book CD burning, digital release)
- Scratch Pads
- Chord Track and Harmonic Editing
- VCA faders
- AAF (Advanced Authoring Format) import and export
- Import Song data
- Third-party plug-in support (AU, VST2, and VST3 plug-ins and ReWire applications)
If you decide not to buy Studio One after 30 days it continues to work in Studio One Prime mode, so you've not wasted time creating songs that no longer open.
How Does The Free Version Of Studio One Compare With The Free Version Of Pro Tools?
Check out the table below to see how Studio One Prime compares with Pro Tools First.
|Pro Tools First||Studio One Prime|
|Maximum simultaneous audio tracks||16||Unlimited|
|Audio recording (maximum simultaneous tracks)||4||2|
|Project Storage||Cloud only||Local|
|Maximum Sample Rate Supported||32 bit 96Khz||32 Bit 192Khz|
|Maximum I/O||4||2 + 2|
|ASIO and Core Audio||Yes||Yes|
|Supported Plug-ins||AAX Marketplace||Native Effects|
|AU and VST Support||No||No|
|Instruments||Xpand2||Presence XT Sampler|
|Time and Pitch Stretching||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic Delay Compensation||Yes||Yes|
|Open Pro Tools Sessions in Pro Tools First?||No||N/A|
|Open Pro Tools First Sessions In Pro Tools?||No||N/A|
|Open Studio One Sessions In Studio One Prime?||N/A||Yes|
|Open Studio One Prime Sessions In Studio One?||N/A||Yes|
|Drag and Drop Plug-ins||No||Yes|
|Touch Surface Compatible||No||Yes|
What Computer Do I Need To Run The Free Version Of Studio One
- macOS® 10.11 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows 7 (SP1 + platform update), Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended) Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor
- (Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended)
Mac and Windows systems
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Internet connection (needed for installation and activation)
- Monitor with 1366 x 768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
- A multi-touch-enabled monitor with TUIO support is required for touch operation
- 40 GB hard-drive space
Studio One Remote for iPad
- iPad Pro®, iPad 2, iPad mini®, and newer models
- iOS 8 or later
Studio One Remote for Windows
- Compatible with Microsoft Surface 3 (and higher) and Surface Pro 2 (and higher)
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or later (Windows RT not supported)
- 2 GB RAM minimum (4 GB RAM or more recommended). Tablet must be x86-compatible (not ARM-based).
How Can I Get Studio One Free?
To get Studio One for free head over to PreSonus and set up and account then download Studio One and start using it.