PreSonus, the makers of Studio One, has announced an update to their popular Faderport.
The original Faderport has been a firm favourite of many DAW users and this one looks like taking over the mantel as a winning compact controller.
Incorporated elements from the award-winning FaderPort 8 PreSonus say this is a 'new and improved FaderPort.' They continue 'Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort handles what you really want to get your fingers on: your mix. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!'
PreSonus Faderport Specification
- Single touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized fader
- Large, 360° button encoder
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Click On/Off
- Session Navigator provides quick control over Track Scrolling, Timeline Scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Mac / Windows compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop (footswitch not included)
- USB 2.0 connectivity
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for FaderPort:
- macOS® 10.8.5 64-bit or higher
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows® 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64/x86, or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Mac and Windows Systems
- The most recent FaderPort firmware*
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control 2.8 or later (for firmware updates)
- PreSonus FaderPort has been tested and approved to work with the following software:
- Native Mode
- PreSonus Studio One® 3.5.6 with extension*** or Studio One 4.0.1 or later
- HUI Emulation
- Supported by Pro Tools
- Mackie Universal Control Emulation**
- Supported by Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, and Ableton
- * A firmware update is currently required for full functionality. Please download and install the latest version of Universal Control and run the firmware updater when prompted. See the FaderPort Owner's Manual for instructions.
** Users of third-party DAWs not listed that support the Mackie Control protocol, such as Reason, Bitwig Studio, and Reaper, should contact their DAW vendor for support.
*** For more information, please see https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005017651-How-do-I-use-new-FaderPort-with-Studio-One-3-5-6-.
As a commitment to constant improvement, PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc., reserves the right to change any specification stated herein, at any time, without notification.
Faderport Pricing And Availability
Estimated price is £175.00 with shipping expected in August.