Our friends at Waves have finally released the PRS SuperModels guitar amp simulator plug-in that we first heard news about at NAMM 2018. We were given the opportunity to plug an electric into a preview copy of PRS SuperModels whilst attending NAMM. We shred some licks on the show floor and we absolutely loved the sound we got from this plug-in, it delivered barrels of tone, bite and sustain. We look forward to putting PRS SuperModels through its paces in a review video in the coming weeks on Production Expert.
This plug-in features three high-end PRS guitar amps:
- The coveted PRS Archon
- The legendary PRS Dallas
- The ultra-rare PRS Blue Sierra/V9
Here what Waves has to say about PRS SuperModels:
"Easy to use, with remarkable tones right out of the box, these models authentically replicate every component of the three exquisite amplifiers. From tubes to circuitry, every detail was painstakingly modeled part by part, using Waves’ Precision Analog Component technology, with Paul Reed Smith himself supplying Waves with the original amplifiers and the full schematics."
3 Amps In Waves PRS SuperModels
PRS Archon delivers a shimmering clean or aggressive overdrive; push it harder and you get glorious distortion. With its lush gain, Archon is ideal for lead or crunching rhythm, while also offering a clean channel that players of all genres will appreciate.
PRS Blue Sierra/V9. Never-before-released even in its hardware form, this ultra-rare amp was an early original format for the PRSJ-MOD 100. Evocative of boutique American guitar amps, it is equally great for clean sounds and for medium-gain overdrive tones. No matter the setting, you’ll find it easy to get a big 3D sound and hard to get a bad one.
PRS Dallas provides the sounds of classic American reverb amps. The all-tube design produces an open classic tone for huge-sounding cleans, or multiple variations of overdriven sound with natural-sounding reverb. Originally designed by chief PRS amp builder Doug Sewell, this highly musical amp offers sweet highs, solid lows and beautiful mid-range tones.
Watch Waves PRS SuperModels introduction video to hear this amazing plug-in action.
Key Features (Stated On Waves Website):
- Superb modeling of 3 top-of-the-line PRS amplifiers: Archon, Dallas, Blue Sierra/V9
- Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith
- Artist presets by Devin Townsend, Megadeth producer Chris Rakestraw and more
- 8 speaker cabinet IRs with automatic IR browser
- Add any third-party speaker cabinet IRs (up to two simultaneously)
- Smart Mix, Phase Fix & Time Fix controls for perfectly matching any two cabinets
- Exceptional integrated noise gate to filter out amp noise and hiss
- Auto-gain control for maximum performance
- Unique tone-shaping boost not featured in the hardware amps
- Digital tuner sensitive to standard & extended-range guitars
- Use as a plugin in your DAW or as a standalone application
- Designed for studio, home and live playing (with laptop and audio interface)
- SoundGrid-compatible for ultra-low-latency performance
Price & Availability
Waves are currently offering a very generous time the limited introductory purchase price of $49 for PRS SuperModels (regular pricing $129).
Visit the Waves website for more information and to download a trial copy of PRS SuperModels.