Ultimate Ears has released a new flagship IEM, the UE Live ($2,199) and the latest studio In-Ear Monitor in their product line, the UE 6 PRO ($699.) The release also heralds an upgrade along the entire UE CIEM product line to the Ultimate Ears IPX Connection System. The durable new connection system is designed to withstand sweat, temperature changes, and repeated connection/disconnections with different cable types over the life of product. The Ultimate Ears SuperBax cable is strong enough to hold a 12-pound barbell, yet so lightweight and transparent that it becomes virtually invisible. The UE 6 PRO ships with a personalized carrying case, cleaning tool.
“Our intention when designing our new flagship model was to create not only the best sound, but also the most reliable monitor possible,” said Philippe Depallens, vice president and general manager of Ultimate Ears. “With UE LIVE, you’re getting our best: pure, raw stage energy. We also needed a sweat-proof and tour-proof cable system, so we co-developed a solution from the ground up with a company that specializes in hearing aid and medical-grade cables. The UE IPX Connection System was designed to handle everything a musician deals with nightly -- sweat, makeup, hairspray, humidity, set up, break down and travel.”
Targeted for IEM users in the studio, the UE 6 Pro has two dynamic 6mm neodymium drivers for the punch, and one True Tone balanced armature.
- Input sensitivity: 102.5 dB @ 1 kHz, 1mW (dependent upon drum frequency)
- Frequency response: 5 Hz – 22 kHz
- Noise Isolation: -26 decibels of ambient stage noise.
- Impedance: 12.5 Ohms @ 1 kHz
- Internal speaker configuration: 2 6mm neodymium dynamic speakers with one Ture Tune balanced armature. 3-way crossover.
- Input connector: 1/8” headphone jack; compatible with all systems
- Warranty: 1-year - United States; 2-year - Europe