Our friends at Softube have just announced three major new product releases!. Firstly, there's a new version of Softube's flagship plug-in bundle Volume 1, named predictably Volume 2 which includes three additional plug-ins. Secondly, Softube has announced two new and exciting mastering plug-ins that were developed in collaboration with Weiss.
Softube Weiss MM-1 Mastering Maximizer Plug-in
The MM-1 is based on the Weiss DS1-MK3, a very popular digital dynamics unit that can be found in many mastering studios across the world
The MM-1 plug-in is a "slimmed down" version of the original DS1-MK3 hardware that Softube says features the exact same algorithms from within the hardware.
The original unit, and now the MM-1 plug-in, provides users with five different limiter styles:
- De-ess (intelligently)
The MM-1 has two main controls, an "amount" and "parallel mix". These controls enable users to quickly dial in just the right amount of limiting without sacrificing dynamics and tone.
The MM-1 works intelligent processes in the background when the "amount" dial is being controlled. From what we understand this technology isn't too dissimilar to the way Softube's Drawer S73 Intelligent Mastering Processor plug-in works. Softube believes this plug-in, like the S73, cannot be set to sound bad because of intelligent processes going on under the hood.
Exclusive Production Expert Review Of Softube MM-1 Plug-in
MM-1 Main Features
- Simple interface controlling detailed expert mastering processes.
- Five ‘flavours’ of limiting available.
- Contains the very same technology as the legendary hardware mastering processor, the Weiss MM-1.
- Intro price $179 (regular $199)
Visit the Softube website for more information about the Weiss MM-1 plug-in
Softube Official Weiss DS1-MK3 Mastering Plug-in
The Weiss DS1 hardware is considered to be an absolute gold-standard unit that's indispensable in top mastering studios because of its exceptional transparency, unparalleled versatility, and top draw sound quality. Softube has produced a like for like version of the DS1 in plug-in format, and Softube wants to make it clear that this plug-in isn't an emulation, it's an exact line by line code port from the original digital hardware.
- Officially licensed and endorsed by Daniel Weiss himself
- Not an emulation, but a line-by-line code port of the original digital hardware
- Exactly the same processor as the $10,000 original, at a fraction of the cost
- Three processors in one; de-ess, compress, and limit, with the industry standard tool
- Processes at resolutions of up to 32 bit/192 kHz for exceptional sound quality
- Advanced metering - waveform view
- Featuring all new presets from Bob Katz
- Truly versatile de-essing. Choose your own filters, adjust frequency, and tailor the process to your needs working in stereo or mid-sides
- Digital compressor can operate at speeds no analog unit ever could, and offers you total control.
- Two brand-new limiter algorithms included, as well as the Weiss original
- Run multiple instances of this legendary unit on the same mix at no extra cost
- Nothing sounds as clean, as transparent, as good. That’s why the hardware is in every major mastering studio in the world
- Intro price $499 (regular $549)
Visit the Softube website for more information about Weiss DS1-MK3 plug-in
Softube Takes Volume 1 Up A Notch - Welcome, Volume 2
Softube flagship plug-in bundle has been updated to include three of Softubes latest plug-ins:
- The Fix Phaser
- The new Weiss MM1 Mastering Maximizer
Softube Volume 2 is a complete suite of pro audio production, mixing, and mastering plug-ins that range electronic instruments & amp rooms to EQs & compressors, modulation effects, reverbs & delays, right through to mastering processors & magnetic tape emulations.
Softube Volume 2 is priced at $499 ($399 introductory price), with upgrade paths available for current Volume 1 users
Visit the Softube website for more information about Volume 2