The team at Universal Audio are very happy to announce UAD software version 9.5.1. The release adds a new Neve 1073 Class-A preamp to the ever-growing list of Unison enabled preamps to the Universal Audio Apollo work-flow.
The Neve Preamp
Neve microphone preamps are a mainstay may a pop and rock hit. They add the genuine Neve sheen, richness, and musical detail to any audio that hits them. The most famous design has to be the classic 1073 module with EQ, but Neve also briefly produced the 1290 module. This rare hardware unit is a preamp only version of the 1073.
The new Neve Preamp plug-in combines some of the sonic best bits and features of both the coveted 1073 and 1290 designs and provides all attitude of Rupert Neve's original hardware. By thoroughly modeling the dual-stage "Red Knob" preamp and output amplifier to a level of detail with have come to expect from Universal Audio, the Neve Preamp plug-in replicates the sound and behavior of the original preamp with stunning accuracy.
Keep It Simple
Drive the input stage hard and back off the output for that big saturated Neve warmth or keep the input low and boost the output stage to stay clean and lush.
Owners of UA Interfaces can now track through an iconic two knob Neve preamp in real time, with low DSP usage. The Neve Preamp also supports Universal Audio’s Unison technology, giving UA Apollo Interface users the Neve preamp’s all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it a recording icon.
UAD-2 hardware owners can also employ the Neve Preamp plug-in for mixing and tone shaping for that out of the box feel in the box mix thanks to its lower DSP usage. Users can easily place a Neve Preamp plug-in instances across multiple channels, turning your favorite DAW into a classic Neve console.
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of the legendary class-A, Neve mic preamp, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces
- Combines sonic attributes and features of both the coveted 1073 and 1290 designs
- Thoroughly modeled dual-stage "Red Knob" preamp and output amplifier
- Unison technology for UA Audio Interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the classic Neve preamp, including precise impedance matching
- Lower DSP usage for plug-in instances across multiple channels
The Neve Preamp is available now as part of the UAD 9.5.1 software update for $149.00