Overloud are offering 1000 free licenses per day until March 18th 2018 of their EQ550 plug-in, which simulates a legendary Proportional-Q custom opamp equalizer, beyond the original hardware. After March 18th the EQ550 will be back at its regular price of $139
Overloud EQ550 Features
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original Proportional Q equalizer, thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology
- 5 bands eq: 2 shelving/peaking, 2 peaking, 1 high cut, 1 bandpass
- Individual band Cue
- Continuous frequency selection
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
Proportional Q Design
EQ550 is modelled after a renowned American EQ created with custom op-amps. It has a Proportional-Q design, meaning that the bandwidth of the filters becomes narrow when the gain of the filter increases. For low gain settings, the EQ delivers a smoother tone: its character becomes more and more aggressive when the bands gain band is raised. This design makes the EQ550 unique.
EQ550 extends the features of the original hardware and joins the flexibility of the digital world to the character of the analog processing. The Cue button allows you to hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is being affected by that band. While the original hardware has preset frequencies only, the EQ550 allows you to select all the intermediate frequencies. While the original hardware has one Mid band only, we added a second band for increased flexibility.
- EQ550 is available as AudioUnit (Mac only), VST, AAX32 (ProTools 10.3.5 and above), AAX64 (ProTools 11 and 12) plug-ins, as well as a standalone application.
- Both 32bit and 64bit are natively supported.
- You can authorize EQ550 on up to three computers that you own and one USB stick with a simple one-click software procedure (no hardware key needed).
How To Get Your Free Overloud EQ550 Plug-in
To get your EQ550 free copy you must be logged-in your Overloud account. If you do not have an Overloud account, you will need to create one here. After clicking on DOWNLOAD FOR FREE they will send an email with the download link and the activation code as long as you were logged in and the daily allowance of 1000 licenses has not been exceeded.