While the transition from 32 to 64 bit DAW architecture was a few years ago there are still some much-missed VST and AU plug-ins which never made the transition. A solution for the owners of these "orphaned" 32-bit plug-ins which found themselves without a host was 32 Lives from SoundRadix, a 32 to 64-bit adaptor plug-in.
Who Still Needs Access To 32-Bit Plug-ins?
If you're wondering this then it probably isn't you but a significant demand for old plug-ins will arise from people opening old projects created in 32 bit hosts, another interesting case is owners of the sadly discontinued TC Powercore accelerators and there are some old plugins which never made the transition at all, I remember the URS range fondly and while the Brilliance Pack is now handled by Softube, the Abbey Road plug-ins never made it to 64.
32 Lives V2.0.3 Update Now Available
The team at SoundRadix have announced an update bringing some of the plug-ins that were no longer working or showing UI on macOS High Sierra back to life and further improving compatibility with classic plug-ins such as Auto-Tune EVO, EMI RS124, Mobius and more.
- Creates 64-bit adapter plug-ins for your 32-bit-only Audio Units and VST plug-ins
- Transparently loads your legacy TC PowerCore, Abbey Road, URS and other plug-ins into Logic Pro X, Cubase, Ableton Live and other 64-bit Audio Units/VST compatible DAWs
- Fully compatible with older sessions, loading all existing presets, parameters and automation
- Ultra-low latency and high CPU efficiency
- GUI workflow is transparent and doesn't require additional clicks and windows
- Compatible with Logic Pro X, Logic 9, Cubase, Nuendo, Live, Mainstage, Final Cut Pro, Garageband, Digital Performer, Studio One, Audition CC, Tracktion, Triumph, QLab and others
- Compatible with OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra
How Do I Get The Update?
If you're still running version 1, updating to the latest version is recommended. It's free for all registered users and brings quite a few improvements. To download the latest installer, go to the user area on the SoundRadix website. If you're already running 32 Lives V2, simply run the latest installer and you'll be good to go. There's no need to re-resurrect your plug-ins.