In the following video review, Eli Krantzberg takes a good look at IK Multimedia MODO Bass, the first physically modeled bass virtual instrument.
Video Review - IK Multimedia MODO Bass
MODO Bass is a collection of 12 physically modelled electric basses that captures various playing styles, string & pickup configurations, as well as amp and fx processing. See and hear how the MODO Bass GUI provides intuitive access and control over important playing and sound shaping parameters. The modelling of multiple aspects of bass electronics, pickups, actions, and string properties allow for recreating detailed nuances of an authentic electric bass performance.
Modo Bass Highlights
- The first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument
- Groundbreaking real-time modal synthesis technology — no samples were used.
- Recreate every electric bass sound based on 12 bass models
- Playing styles include — plucking, slapping and picking
- Customize string force, fingers used, pick thickness & technique
- Customize string number, scale, tuning, gauge, construction, action, age
- 20 faithfully recreated, interchangeable iconic bass pickups with volume
- Choose active or passive electronics with parametric EQ
- Under-bridge piezo pickup with blend
- 7 bass stomp box effects configurable in 4-slot chain
- 2 iconic bass amps – Solid State and Tube derived from AmpliTube
- FX and amp global bypass for routing
MODO Bass costs €362.99 incl. VAT (€299.99 excl. VAT).
From any previously purchased IK Multimedia product of a value of $/€99.99 or more a crossgrade is available at €241.99 incl. VAT (€199.99 excl. VAT).
Visit IK Multimedia MODO Bass for more information.