Hofa Plugins, a cool plugin shop run by devs from Germany unleashed a free Tilt EQ plugin a few days ago. 4U+ Dynamic Tilt EQ is what it's called.
Git tilting for free!
Free Tilt EQ Plugin - 4U+ Dynamic Tilt EQ
With one knob you can boost above a given frequency and attenuate below it (for positive tilt gain values) or vice versa (for negative tilt gain values). This way, you can easily tweak the low and high frequency content of your audio project.
Tilt EQ Features
- gain or cut low/high frequencies up to 24 dB
- sound shaping with a variable tilt width for transparent EQ tweaks
- both bass and treble can be tilted
- low-pass and high-pass filter (6 & 12 dB/octave)
- Mid/Side processing: individually tweak stereo, mid, side left & right audio
- up to 32x oversampling
- every parameter is fully automatable
- integrated spectrum analyzer (paid version)
- separate dynamic controls for the low- and high-end (paid version)
- the dynamics can be triggered via an external sidechain signal
For some audio examples, have a look at what HOFA 4U+ DynamicTiltEQ can do in this video:
Hofa's free tilt EQ comes with a variety of useful presets, including "Add Air Analog Passive EQ Style", "Telephone FX", "Like a Tape Machine 15 IPS", "Loudness Curve", and "MS Filter for Vinyl Mastering".
The paid version of the plugin will unlock more presets.
Installing & Paid Version
To download and activate the plugin, you'll need the Hofa Plugins Installer. It's a handy tool for plugin downloading & installing, activating 14-day demo periods, product activation and deactivation, software repairing and uninstalling. Hofa's plugins can be used on two machines at the same time.
Moar Free Stuff
In case you've been living under a rock: Hofa's freebies are quite the awesomeness:
(BlindTest, 4U Meter, Fader & MS-Pan (mentioned earlier in this article about free metering plugins), Goniometer & Korrelator, and Project Time), these too can be downloaded easily in one go.
The plugin's Dynamics upgrade currently has an introductory price 29,90 €.
Plugin formats: Audio Unit, VST, VST3, RTAS and AAX, 32/64 Bit.
(via Pro Tools Expert).