Challow Park Studios is a new, purpose built recording studio in Oxfordshire. The result of superhuman levels of work and ingenuity on the part of owners Amy Blyth and Will Biggs. For the full story of the studio build look out for the upcoming studio tour video (it's worth it...).
I was lucky enough to meet Will and Amy at a RedNet event put on by Focusrite and when I heard that they had built a new, purpose built recording studio running entirely using Dante and RedNet I knew this was something we had to follow up.
A New Studio Based Around RedNet
In this video I talk to Will about his experience of running a 100% Dante studio, how it has affected his workflow and the skills needed to set up and manage an AoIP based studio.
In this interview we discuss:
- Why did you choose to go with RedNet?
- Latency in a Dante environment
- How do you integrate analogue outboard?
- How do you integrate the Klang Fabrik?
- Routing and recall with Dante controller
- Network configuration, topology and bandwidth
- The need for a knowledge of networking
Look out for the studio tour video. For anyone who has ever built, or wanted to build a studio, this is one you will want to see. We hope to see more from Challow Park in the future