This is the first of a series of interviews where we interview each other in turn. In this interview Pro Tools Expert Founder Russ Hughes interviews Editor Mike Thornton, to learn about his journey through this industry and what makes him tick.
The aim of this series is to enable you, the community to get to know us as individuals and learn more of our different stories and journeys through this business.
- 0’00” Intro
- 0’43” How did you get into sound in the first place?
- 3’36” How did you get involved with the BBC and radio production?
- 5’14” How did you get involved with Pro Tools?
- 7’00” How did you become the go to guy for Pro Tools in broadcast?
- 8’07” How did you start your Pro Tools For Media blog?
- 10’31” How did Pro Tools Expert come about?
- 12’02” How did you start to grow the blog and team how did you feel as we transitioned from a personality led blog?
- 16’26” What do you think keeps people coming back and new people finding us?
- 18’06” As the editor of Pro Tools Expert, how do you balance that brands are paying to be visible on the site and writing and creating genuine content?
- 21’28” When you go on the blog what makes you smile the most?
- 23’22” To flip that coin, what makes you angry or frustrated when you come to the blog each day?
- 26’01” What would you say to your 16 year old self?
- 27’37” Thank you and outro.
The next episode on this series with be Mike Thornton interviewing deputy editor Dan Cooper and we will work our way round the team until the last person will interview Russ Hughes.