SSA Plugins has announced the release of AAX versions of their Ambisonics plug-ins, for generating and processing 3D audio for VR/AR applications. These new AAX versions will provide spatial audio encoding, processing and decoding on Ambisonics buses available in Pro Tools Ultimate formerly known as Pro Tools HD software.
Pro Tools Support For 7th Order Limited
The plug-ins are available in three levels of spatial resolution: first-order (a1), third-order (a3) and seventh-order (a7) Ambisonics. While the a7 plugins will run in Pro Tools, because to the Pro Tools Ultimate buses are only go up to 3rd order, if you are planning to only use these plug-ins with Pro Tools then SSA Plugins advise you not to buy the a7 plug-ins, opting instead for the a3 plug-ins.
SSA Ambisonics Plug-in Range
The full list of plug-ins available is:
- aXPanner – a mono/stereo encoder to AmbiX format Ambisonics.
- aXMonitor – a decoder to binaural or stereo allowing you to listen to your Ambisonic sound scenes.
- aXRotate – rotate the sound field or attach an EDTracker for head-tracking.
- aXCompressor – a dynamic range compressor specifically designed to preserve the delicate spatial information in Ambisonic signals.
- aXGate – a noise gate and downwards expander specifically designed to preserve the delicate spatial information in Ambisonic signals.
- aXEqualizer – an equalizer for Ambisonic signals.
- aXDelay – a 5 module delay plugin with control over the spatial position of the delayed signals, as well as feedback, level and tempo sync.
The plug-ins are now available on Windows as VST (32 & 64-bit) and AAX (64-bit), and Mac as AU, VST and AAX (Universal Binary).
A bundle of the full set for a particular Ambisonic order (first, third or seventh) is available with a discount of 30% off the full price.
Upgrade Later Without Penalty
If you upgrade from any plug-in to the more advanced equivalent within six months of your original purchase you won't have to pay twice. Simply get in touch with SSA Plugins and they will send you a coupon to use for the original value of your purchase (before VAT) on the more advanced version.
For example, you needed a first order compressor so bought the a1Compressor. Now you are working on a third order project and need the a3Compressor. They can send you a coupon to apply your discount and in the end, you will have only paid the total amount it would have cost to purchase the a3Compressor in the first place.
Special Offer Until 31st July 2018
To mark the release of the AAX versions, all of the plug-ins are currently on sale with discounts between 20% and 50% until the 31st July 2018.