Avid has just started running a survey to help them learn about our audio workflows. This survey will help them understand better what types of people use Pro Tools, how we use Pro Tools and where we work.
Several of the team have already completed the survey. We think it is a good survey and will help Avid better understand the people using Pro Tools and we recommend you complete the survey. In case you are curious, these are the questions in the survey...
- Select your age range. - This will help see the age profile of the user base.
- What type of work do you do? - There are 3 options.
- How do you describe your skill level? - There are 3 levels to choose from.
- What is the primary Digital Audio Workstation you use? - You don't have to choose Pro Tools!
- Where do you primarily do your work? - Choose from the list.
- What percentage of your income is generated by this type of work? - Choose from the list.
- What is the biggest challenge you face with the work you do? - No list of options, you tell Avid in your own words about your challenges are and it doesn't have to be about Pro Tools.
- In the past two years, what has been the most money you have spent on a piece of gear or software product? - Presumably to get a sense of what our spend is, and from the options. It is clear they are aiming this at individuals and not corporates, which is a refreshing change.
- Which edition of Pro Tools do you own? - Tell them which version of Pro Tools you are using.
- Choose the word that best describes the work you do. - Select from the list.
- Which sources do you rely on to learn about music production and mixing? Choose from the list.
- What matters most to you when selecting the software you use? (select the top 3). - This should help Avid focus on features that we need the most as individual users.
- We'd love to see a cool photo of your creative space or studio! Please upload an image. - It is good to see this is optional but on the principle of a picture painting a 1000 words this could help Avid get a very good sense of where their users are working and what matters to us. It's your call.
- Would you be willing to participate in a Skype or phone interview with the Avid team? Please enter your email if interested. - Again this is optional but it is good to see that they would like to learn more about their users, but you do need to give them an email address so they can contact you. It's your call.
So there you have it, you have nothing to lose by completing this Avid survey. If you are one of those people who say that 'Avid never listen to us' then this is your chance to have a say. Its a 'put-up or shut-up moment. Have your say...